tools.logging vs clojure.contrib.logging

jingguo

Oct 12, 2011, 11:06:32 AM10/12/11
to Clojure
Is tools.logging is a replacement of clojure.contrib.logging?
Which one should I use?

Jonathan Fischer Friberg

Oct 12, 2011, 11:15:41 AM10/12/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
As I understand it, tools.logging was created from clojure.contrib.logging (but has been updated since).

In any case; if there exists a library in clojure/, which can perform the same things as some part of contrib, use the clojure/ one.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 5:06 PM, jingguo <yaoji...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is tools.logging is a replacement of clojure.contrib.logging?
Which one should I use?

jingguo

Oct 12, 2011, 11:17:10 AM10/12/11
to Clojure
Jonathan:

Thanks.

On Oct 12, 11:15 pm, Jonathan Fischer Friberg <odysso...@gmail.com>

Sean Corfield

Oct 12, 2011, 1:17:29 PM10/12/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 8:06 AM, jingguo <yaoji...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is tools.logging is a replacement of clojure.contrib.logging?
> Which one should I use?

If these pages could be more clear on answering your question, please
let me know and I'll update them:

http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Clojure+Contrib
http://dev.clojure.org/display/design/Where+Did+Clojure.Contrib+Go

My intent is that these two pages should be able to address any and
all such questions about clojure.contrib and its successors. The
former is linked from clojure.org (top-right pod) and it links to the
latter. If we can make these pages more visible, suggestions welcome!
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://www.getrailo.com/

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."

peta

Oct 12, 2011, 2:30:37 PM10/12/11
to Clojure
On clojure.org the libraries link at the bottom of the left bar should
take you Clojure+Contrib because thats about as close to official
libraries as clojure gets.
The Clojure+Contrib page can reference the community/libraries page if
it wants.

Also I find heading "Where Did Clojure.Contrib Go". Why not the same
as the link in Clojure+Contrib -- "Coljure.Contrib Migration Guide".

jingguo

Oct 12, 2011, 10:15:20 PM10/12/11
to Clojure
Sean: