Clementine 0.7 released!

David Sansome

Mar 27, 2011, 2:22:35 PM3/27/11
to Clementine Music Player
Hi all,

Thanks very much to everyone who tested the release candidate from
last week! The changes between 0.7 RC1 and 0.7 are:

* Fixed a bug that stopped all network connections working in Windows.
* Fixed iPod and iPhone support in Mac OS X.
* Fixed a crash when dragging a playlist item's rating.
* Fixed a crash on Windows when loading art embedded in malformed MP3 files.
* Fixed a couple of bugs with the way greyed-out items are handled.
* Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented songs from being scrobbled to last.fm.
* Made the visualisations work again.
* Made the Windows installer add start menu shortcuts for All Users.
* Stopped a "Loading tracks 0%" label from showing forever when
* Added a right-click menu option to copy tracks to a specific playlist.

In case you missed the last announcement, the changes from 0.6 are:

* A brand new "Edit track information" dialog.
* Fetch tags from MusicBrainz.
* CUE file support.
* "Duplicates only" and "Untagged songs only" library views.
* "Full library rescan" option.
* Support for network proxies.
* The "Kittens" extra now fetches even fluffier kittens.
* Hypnotoad: now available in fullscreen HD.

As usual we've also added a load of smaller features and fixed lots of bugs in
this release. The full changelog, with more information about the
above features as well, is available here:
http://code.google.com/p/clementine-player/source/browse/trunk/Changelog

You can download packages for Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian Squeeze, Windows
and Mac OS X from the downloads page:
http://code.google.com/p/clementine-player/downloads/list?q=0.7+Release%3DRC

For the first time there are Ubuntu Natty and Fedora 14 packages
available for download!

Did you know you can now follow @clementine_app on Twitter?
http://twitter.com/#!/clementine_app

David

Juan Funez

Mar 27, 2011, 2:32:38 PM3/27/11
to clementi...@googlegroups.com, David Sansome
Hi,
The link to download, is for the RC. Maybe a copy&paste typo.
The correct one is http://code.google.com/p/clementine-player/downloads/list

Thanks for awesome player!

Regards!

--
----
-- To err is human... to really foul up requires the root password.  --

Ailurosity

Mar 27, 2011, 5:07:47 PM3/27/11
to Clementine Music Player
Thank you very much. It looks good!

When I "check for updates" from 0.7, it offers to update to 0.5.3 (Mac
OSX 10.6.7).
> and Mac OS X from the downloads page:http://code.google.com/p/clementine-player/downloads/list?q=0.7+Relea...

Sergii Galashyn

Mar 28, 2011, 3:24:16 AM3/28/11
to Clementine Music Player
David, It would be really nice to introduce some kind of "string
freeze" event for translators.

See, I was checking the www translation status few times after RC
discussion started, but still missed the timespan between new lines
appearing and website update. I can see that the same is applicable
for most of the translations. Fortunately, I was able to handle the
trunk strings in time, but some teams didn't.

What I propose is to make some announcement for translators saying
"Hey folks, we've completed all strings for the x.y version into the
Launchpad, please make sure you have translated as many of them as
possible before mm/dd/yyyy when we'll push these on www and into the
final x.y build".

Thanks!
-sg

Keiran Halcyon

Mar 28, 2011, 3:43:15 AM3/28/11
to Clementine Music Player
You might want to post this as a bug on our code.google.com/p/
clementine-player

P.

Keiran Halcyon

Mar 28, 2011, 3:47:36 AM3/28/11
to Clementine Music Player
I also thought about this. David may have not since he's a proud, tea-
drinking native english speaker. :P

You're saying the annoucement should be made here, on google-groups?
I'm not really sure which way of communication would be best at making
sure that the message reaches everybody involved.

P.

Sergii Galashyn

Mar 28, 2011, 12:21:40 PM3/28/11
to Clementine Music Player
Personally for me groups is good place for such announcement.

If you can put some kind of reminder on a translations page, this is
fine too https://translations.launchpad.net/clementine/

Though I typically go directly to the untranslated items page, so it
is easy to miss it, unless you put the announcement there too.

Not sure about ticket... This is not really feature request.

Thanks,
-sg

Arnaud BIENNER

Mar 28, 2011, 12:34:52 PM3/28/11
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
I also believe groups is the good place for this kind of announcement.

Ruben Van Laerhoven

Mar 28, 2011, 3:02:50 PM3/28/11
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
This would be a nice place for me too...

Thanks in advance,

Ruben Van Laerhoven

---------

David Dušanić

Mar 28, 2011, 3:06:15 PM3/28/11
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
I agree also!!

David Sansome

Mar 28, 2011, 4:52:06 PM3/28/11
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
To do that I'd need to have some kind of release plan other than "when
it's ready" ;) But yes you're right - a string freeze is something we
certainly need to do in the future.
Do you think two weeks before release would be ok? I'd make the
announcement here (I'm not sure if adding things to the launchpad page
is possible).

David

David Dušanić

Mar 28, 2011, 5:27:50 PM3/28/11