Temporary Fix for Updater

Matt

Jul 28, 2011, 8:56:18 AM7/28/11
to Chromium Updater
Hey guys,
I tried manually installing the latest Chromium and it hosed my
browser. Something went wrong with the install so I decided to mess
around with Updater. I managed to get it working again for now. This
is a temporary unofficial fix until Martin gets a chance. He should
add a donate button, Updater is good software.

You should be able to download it from this link:
https://sites.google.com/site/chromiumupdaterfix/files/chromeupdfix.zip
I have only tested the snapshot version and my Chromium now works. I
tried changing the urls for the continuous version but it might not
work at all. No warranties of any kind.

Matt

KeepingItCuttingEdge

Jul 28, 2011, 2:28:45 PM7/28/11
to Chromium Updater

Matt, thanks for the work on this, but could you add the WebKit
channel as the menu choice and URL for the now-defunct continuous
builds? It seems that the webkit is slightly more current than the
other builds.

http://build.chromium.org/f/chromium/snapshots/Win_Webkit_Latest/

Just a thought!

THANKS,
Dale

Trần Trung Thành

Jul 28, 2011, 6:29:45 PM7/28/11
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
what is the WebKit channel ?? :D

Matt

Jul 28, 2011, 10:09:08 PM7/28/11
to Chromium Updater
Ok, you can try this:
https://sites.google.com/site/chromiumupdaterfix/files/chromeupdwebkit.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

The webkit snapshot is still under "snapshot". I don't know if it will
work or if it will ruin your install since Webkit uses different
revisions. If it doesn't work you can also try opening regedit going
to hkey_current_user\software\chromium updater and setting downloaded
version and installed version to 0?

TTT

Sep 14, 2011, 10:50:21 AM9/14/11
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
Google change update URL for Snapshot build ! I use your software and change the URL, too. But it did not working !!
"Error getting the latest build number."
Could you update your software ?? :D

Sten Heinze

Sep 14, 2011, 12:32:52 PM9/14/11
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
≈2011/9/14 TTT <lovel...@gmail.com>:

Thanks for writing! I'll check (and update) in the next few days.

Sten

Sten Heinze

Sep 14, 2011, 3:16:36 PM9/14/11
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
2011/9/14 Sten Heinze <sten....@gmail.com>:

If you set URL and Latest Build File to
http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/Win/
and
LAST_CHANGE
the updates from the snapshot channel should work again.

(However there's a small bug so that one cannot always save the new
settings, so I might make a new updater version available that fixes
this.)

Sten