Chocolate souffle needed in Chicago limits

theakson

Mar 20, 2004, 10:51:31 PM3/20/04
I have destroyed a significant portion of my wife's garden battling
squirrels, apparently I have to recompense her by providing large amounts of
the finest chocolate soufflés in Chicago. We have already tried Roy's and
Morton's so any other places please.

--
When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at
his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.

Jamie Emermann

Mar 21, 2004, 12:49:42 AM3/21/04
In article <7j87c.37820$PY.2...@newssvr26.news.prodigy.com>,

theakson <r...@aol.com> wrote:
>I have destroyed a significant portion of my wife's garden battling
>squirrels, apparently I have to recompense her by providing large amounts of
>the finest chocolate soufflés in Chicago. We have already tried Roy's and
>Morton's so any other places please.

I suggest you post this inquiry on Chowhound. You'll probably
more useful responses.

http://www.chowhound.com/midwest/boards/chicago/chicago.html

Jamie

--
Books. Cats. Life is good.

Jeremy

Mar 21, 2004, 6:09:17 AM3/21/04

Jamie Emerson wrote:

> I suggest you post this inquiry on Chowhound. You'll probably
> more useful responses.
>
> http://www.chowhound.com/midwest/boards/chicago/chicago.html
>
> Jamie

That has got to be one of the worst excuses for an interface in years.
You should teach some of those guys to use newsgroups.

JJ

Jeremy

Mar 21, 2004, 6:14:11 AM3/21/04
You can try those restaurants that are part of DiRoNA

<http://www.dirona.com/> and go to the search page and enter Chicago

JJ

theakson

Mar 21, 2004, 7:04:06 AM3/21/04

thanks for the advice, I have done so.

theakson

Mar 21, 2004, 7:03:47 AM3/21/04

Thanks Jeremy I have the list and will look into it.

Mk

sheila miguez herndon

Mar 21, 2004, 7:53:09 AM3/21/04
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 12:04:06 GMT, theakson wrote:

[check chowhound for souffle advice]

> thanks for the advice, I have done so.

post a summary here for hoi unwashed polloi.

--
sheila

trent

Mar 21, 2004, 10:41:19 AM3/21/04

I lurk Chowhound every once-in-a-while. There are some great posts and
great people but Gawd! So clunky, top-heavy, gack!

What he said.

trent
--
"This user has a pattern of behaviour in the usenet group chi.forsale
that borders on abusive."

Jamie Emermann

Mar 21, 2004, 12:26:34 PM3/21/04
In article <405D77DD...@dcnotnet2000.com>,

Jeremy <jer...@dcnotnet2000.com> wrote:

>Jamie Emerson wrote:
>>
>> I suggest you post this inquiry on Chowhound. You'll probably
>> more useful responses.
>>
>> http://www.chowhound.com/midwest/boards/chicago/chicago.html
>>
>That has got to be one of the worst excuses for an interface in years.
>You should teach some of those guys to use newsgroups.

Most of the folks there don't want to deal with the spam and off topic
posts. The board is moderated and off topic stuff is removed. I'm not
crazy about that, but different strokes for different folks.

trent

Mar 21, 2004, 12:36:43 PM3/21/04

Hmmm, that's news. I didn't realize it was moderated.

Dave Moorman

Mar 21, 2004, 9:56:41 PM3/21/04

> That has got to be one of the worst excuses for an interface in years.
> You should teach some of those guys to use newsgroups.
>
> JJ

Yep, it's bad. Slow and cumbersome.

Dave

Jamie Emermann

Mar 22, 2004, 12:01:16 AM3/22/04
In article <405DD2...@trentland.com>, trent <ooz...@trentland.com> wrote:
>Jamie Emermann wrote:
>>
>> In article <405D77DD...@dcnotnet2000.com>,
>> Jeremy <jer...@dcnotnet2000.com> wrote:

>> >That has got to be one of the worst excuses for an interface in years.
>> >You should teach some of those guys to use newsgroups.
>>
>> Most of the folks there don't want to deal with the spam and off topic
>> posts. The board is moderated and off topic stuff is removed. I'm not
>> crazy about that, but different strokes for different folks.
>
>Hmmm, that's news. I didn't realize it was moderated.

Post-moderated -- posts that are too off-topic are deleted or moved
to a more appropriate board (ie, site talk for meta board issues).
The goal is to be "laser-focused" on chow. Why cares if it means
stomping on the community? As I said, different strokes.

G Wiv

Mar 22, 2004, 7:21:59 PM3/22/04
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 05:09:17 -0600, Jeremy <jer...@dcnotnet2000.com>
wrote:

<snip>

>You should teach some of those guys to use newsgroups.

Some of ~those~ guys know how to use newsgroups.

Enjoy,
Gary (G Wiv)

192.168.1.88

Mar 22, 2004, 8:16:58 PM3/22/04

Hah! What if we give you a catchy nickname?

G Wiv

Mar 22, 2004, 8:59:26 PM3/22/04
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:16:58 -0600, "192.168.1.88"
<ooz...@trentland.com> wrote:

>Hah! What if we give you a catchy nickname?

Already got a catchy nickname, how about a key to the private bathroom
on the 4th floor?

Max

Mar 22, 2004, 10:38:01 PM3/22/04
In article <405F90...@trentland.com>,
"192.168.1.88" <ooz...@trentland.com> wrote:

> G Wiv wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 05:09:17 -0600, Jeremy <jer...@dcnotnet2000.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> > >You should teach some of those guys to use newsgroups.
> >
> > Some of ~those~ guys know how to use newsgroups.
> >
> > Enjoy,
> > Gary (G Wiv)
>

> Hah! What if we give you a catchy nickname?
>
> trent

TRIMPER!

.max

--