Good Violins in Chennai?

Ananth

Oct 25, 2008, 10:18:32 AM10/25/08
to Carnatic.Resource
Hi,

I'm planning to visit Chennai during December season and buy a decent
violin. If someone is willing to share about the kind of violins
available there (brands, price range etc.) it'll be really useful.

I'm looking for something like entry level professional violins. Here
in Hyderabad only a few models are available. Apart from Rs.2000
violins, there is a granada/gb&a for about Rs. 4000, and a Shimro f0r
Rs. 12000. Shimro was good. But again, I couldn't find any other
brands or models here.

The idea is to know about the models, brands, price ranges etc in
Chennai, so I can reach there better prepared. My budget - Rs.10,000.
Can bend it a bit if necessary.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ananth

ragothaman anandarao

Oct 25, 2008, 9:07:56 PM10/25/08
to Carnatic...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ananth
there is a shop in T.Nagar called Murali Musicals, they have good collections of violin, I am not aware of the brands that they sell, but most of them are of good quality.  May be you can buy a violin and customize with different strings as per your requirement, you can get very good violins for your budget.

Thanks,
Ragothaman

cute...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2008, 2:42:21 AM10/26/08