Deploying to multiple hosts, using https subversion :errors

dacat

Oct 9, 2007, 6:03:27 PM10/9/07
to Capistrano
[ GIVEN ]
-- part of deploy.rb --
set :app HOST_ONE
set :web HOST_TWO
set :db HOST_THREE
------------------------------

My subversion server, HOST_FOUR uses https to communicate and a auth
file with users and passwords defined.

[WHAT I DID]
me@dev_host> cap deploy:setup
[ command completed successfully on all hosts]
me@dev_host> cap deploy:cold
o It asked me to accept an untrusted ssl cert for subversion (no
problem) - successful
o It prompted me for my ssh password - successful
o It listed [HOST_ONE] executing command
o Then it listed [HOST_TWO] executing command
o Then it spit out errors.

** [err] Authentication realm: <https://svn_host:443> Subversion
repository
** [err] Password for 'me':
** [err] Authentication realm: <https://svn_host:443> Subversion
repository
** [err] Username:
** [err] Error validating server certificate for 'https://svn_host:
443':
** - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
** fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
** Certificate information:
** - Hostname: svn_host
** - Valid: from Sep 6 19:23:46 2006 GMT until Sep 3 19:23:46 2016
GMT
** - Issuer: me
** - Fingerprint: DELETED
** (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently?

o Once here it no longer accepts input and I am force to kill the job

I tried adding "set :synchronous_connect, true" but it did not resolve
the issue.

If i set :web :app to the SAME_HOST, deploy:cold works just fine,
prompts me for all passwords.

Any Ideas?

dacat

Oct 10, 2007, 11:44:19 AM10/10/07
to Capistrano
I forgot to mention I am running Capistrano v2.0.100

and the hosts configuration is below

Begining Checks On HOST_ONE
[HOST_ONE] mongrel user is present in www
[HOST_ONE] devuser user is present in www
[HOST_ONE] wwwrun user is present in www
[HOST_ONE] Server version: Apache/2.2.0
Server built: Jul 27 2006 13:28:51
mod_proxy is installed.
mod_proxy_balancer is installed.
mod_rewrite is installed.
[HOST_ONE] Subversion 1.3.0
[HOST_ONE] ruby 1.8.6 (2007-03-13 patchlevel 0) [i686-linux]
[HOST_ONE] Ruby Gems 0.9.2
[HOST_ONE] Rails 1.2.3
[HOST_ONE] Mongrel Web Server 1.0.1

Begining Checks On HOST_TWO
[HOST_TWO] mongrel user is present in www
[HOST_TWO] devuser user is present in www
[HOST_TWO] wwwrun user is present in www
[HOST_TWO] Server version: Apache/2.2.3
Server built: May 4 2007 12:18:04
mod_proxy is installed.
mod_proxy_balancer is installed.
mod_rewrite is installed.
[HOST_TWO] Subversion 1.4.5
[HOST_TWO] ruby 1.8.6 (2007-06-07 patchlevel 36) [i686-linux]
[HOST_TWO] Ruby Gems 0.9.4
[HOST_TWO] Rails 1.2.3
[HOST_TWO] Mongrel Web Server 1.0.1