Could not parse object

Matias

Oct 18, 2010, 9:33:46 AM10/18/10
to Capistrano
[err] fatal: Could not parse object
'357503cfc0bcfc1364b87732b40ee68fff7599c5'

I have this error when I try to deploy via GIT. I look in google for a
solution but the solution more clearly was to install a fix in
capistrano recipes but the url to download the fix is dead. Someone
find a solution to this problem not so rare ?

E.J. Hassick

Oct 18, 2010, 10:25:12 AM10/18/10
to capis...@googlegroups.com
Matias,

Have a look at this blog post:  http://cobaltedge.com/fixing-capistrano-230-and-git-deploy-problem

Not sure if it's the same problem, but it may be worth a shot.

HTH,

Joe

Matias

Oct 18, 2010, 11:58:46 AM10/18/10
to Capistrano
It's looks like the same problem but the solution didn't work :(

On Oct 18, 11:25 am, "E.J. Hassick" <ehass...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Matias,
>
> Have a look at this blog post:http://cobaltedge.com/fixing-capistrano-230-and-git-deploy-problem
>
> Not sure if it's the same problem, but it may be worth a shot.
>
> HTH,
>
> Joe
>
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Matias <tute.uni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  [err] fatal: Could not parse object
> > '357503cfc0bcfc1364b87732b40ee68fff7599c5'
>
> > I have this error when I try to deploy via GIT. I look in google for a
> > solution but the solution more clearly was to install a fix in
> > capistrano recipes but the url to download the fix is dead. Someone
> > find a solution to this problem not so rare ?

Lee Hambley

Oct 18, 2010, 12:53:07 PM10/18/10
to capis...@googlegroups.com
I might point out that this is not likely to be a Capistrano problem, since the version in that blog post was ~ 1.5 years old.

You should be aware that you need up to date Git versions on both your local machine and the server, preferably (of course) the same version locally, and remote, but also at least 1.6.x

Unless you are using remote_cache this is a git problem, and - if you are using remote cache then you can usually rectify such problems by removing the cache, and starting over (so you will have one slow deploy)

- Lee

Matias

Oct 18, 2010, 1:31:18 PM10/18/10
to Capistrano
Im using fast_remote_cache. What is the alternative ?

Lee Hambley

Oct 18, 2010, 1:34:39 PM10/18/10
to capis...@googlegroups.com
Remove the remote cache, and trust the recipe to regenerate it (it should.) - the cache can be a problem. Also ensure that you have synchronised Git feature versions, and that all tags and branches are synched.

- Lee