HWHelper Explanation

1 view

Roy Raychaudhuri

Aug 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/1/95
HW Helpers

We at HW Helpers believe that Usenet Newsgroups aren’t
the fastest way to get the information you want. In fact, it
could take days for someone to answer a question on homework that
could be due tomorrow. This is where HW Helpers steps in. For a
minimal fee, you get the information you want within a half-hour
or less. Thank you for understanding that HW Helpers wants to
help you with any questions dealing with homework including
English, Math, Science, and History. If you have any questions
or comments, please e-mail me at 10247...@compuserve.com or
call at (708)821-8911.
Thank you for your time.

te...@i-2000.com

Aug 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/1/95
> HW Helpers

Well since you have to make a toll call anyway, the School District of
Philadelphia operates a hot line from 4pm - 8pm Monday through Thursday.
Homework help is FREE (of course normal toll charges apply if you are
calling from out of the area). The number is 299-7000.

Finally, in regards to the "fast answer" concept, I would assume that
within a couple of hours of a post, one could have the help required.
After all, unless you are faxing the thing at 6am, who really needs it in
half an hour.

"Speaking for myself, and I am unanimous in this"
--John

Alex C. Pui

Aug 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/2/95
In article <3vm82d$rmj$1...@mhafc.production.compuserve.com>, Roy Raychaudhuri <10247...@CompuServe.COM> says:

>HW Helpers

> This is where HW Helpers steps in. For a
>minimal fee, you get the information you want within a half-hour
>or less. Thank you for understanding that HW Helpers wants to
>help you with any questions dealing with homework including
>English, Math, Science, and History.

Do you mean any type of help or there are some restrictions, like
up to grade 12 and from textbooks only, etc.
Otherwise how can you commit that you can deliver your answer within
a day.
Also would you accept problems from other countries ?
Thanks for your time.

te...@i-2000.com

Aug 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/8/95
> Although this service may be free, I bet it won't give you the
> exact answer to a problem.

Roy, Roy, Roy. It should give an exact answer it should lead a student to
the correct answer. What are they going to do, e-mail a question
everytime they get stuck? You should be encouraging learning, not copying
the solution. But then again, maybe you are not an educator but an
entrepreneur trying to make a quick buck.

>Also, there is no toll charge if you use America
> Online, Compuserve, Prodigy, or other services if you send
> e-mail. Why should one have to wait hours in a world where you
> can get information in minutes?

Mmmm. Maybe save a couple of bucks and learn something in the meantime.

>Try our service by sending us
> two questions. We'll answer them for free.

Ooooh, now a free trial. Changing our tune fast huh Roy.

>Just e-mail us at
> 10247...@compuserve.com or call us at (708)821-8911 with your
> questions.

Funny thing. There's that toll call again! And here's the School
District of Philadelphia's homework helpline 215-299-HELP.

>Thank you for your time.

No Roy, Thank you.