Want to change the rear disk..

Binoj

Dec 24, 2009, 7:19:41 AM12/24/09
to BSM Yamaha R15 Club
Hi,
I feel my R15's rear brake is not very effective, when I apply it
pulls my bike to a side. But front brakes are very effective and it
cut down the speed faster than rear brake. Is that a problem that
anybody has faced?

Is it possible to change the disk size to a bigger one? If so where
can I do it in Bangalore and how much would it cost?

Thx
Binoj

Vikram Kapoor

Dec 25, 2009, 1:42:09 AM12/25/09
to bsm-yamah...@googlegroups.com
Hi Binoj,

The rear brake in R15 is lesser in effect than the front one, and this is by
design. But it is sufficient for the bike of this weight and speed capacity.
As far as your problem if bike pulling on one side when you apply rear
brakes is an entirely different one, you need to check your rear wheel
balance. The rear wheel disk pad wears out every 5k km on an average, so you
can check the disk pads.

Ideally, if you apply rear brakes hard, the bike should skid in an absolute
straight line, with your complete control over skid direction. I have tried
skidding it left or right, and the bike gives complete control.

Regards,
Vikram
R-15, RX-135

Thx
Binoj

13:41:00

Rajan Kachroo

Jan 2, 2010, 1:49:20 AM1/2/10
to bsm-yamah...@googlegroups.com
Yes this is a problem with R15 and this is the reason that I Sold off my bike.

Regards
Rajan

Dheeraj .

Jan 2, 2010, 11:06:42 AM1/2/10
to bsm-yamah...@googlegroups.com
Hi Binoj,
Don't think there is any specific problem with r15.check the alingment of your rear wheel and also check if your rear pads have worn out.that might cause the wheels to lock and get out of control.have fun.it's a great bike.

dheeraj
--
Thanks and Regards,
Dheeraj

Vikram Kapoor

Jan 3, 2010, 2:18:39 AM1/3/10
to bsm-yamah...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dheeraj,

I totally agree with you. There is no such problem in the bike.

Rajan, you sold off the bike because of this problem?? Could you please elaborate…