[BNM] Vacancy for Graphic/Web Designer

1 view

Anamur Rehman

Nov 15, 2010, 6:38:15 AM11/15/10
to Brighton New Media
Hi we're after a uber creative Graphic/Web Designer based in Havant. This is
a creative role so the "graphic" element is more important than the "web"
part of the job description. Will suit a graduate or someone who has just
started with a great portfolio of indsutry or personal work. Please email me
off list for more details. I'm NOT an agency, the role is based where im
working.

rgds
Anamur
ana...@gmail.com
anamur...@jobsite.co.uk

BNM powered by Wessex Networks:
http://www.wessexnetworks.com

Jeremy Norton

Nov 15, 2010, 6:52:01 AM11/15/10
to Brighton New Media
Hi Anamur,

Please clarify how a graduate or someone who has just started can have
a great portfolio of industry work.

Kind regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Norton
Animation and motion graphics
Redrooster Digital Design
jer...@redrooster.tv
07578 613 251
www.redrooster.tv

Redrooster Digital Design
Unit 10, Beaconsfield Studios
25 Ditchling Rise
Brighton
BN1 4QL

Anamur Rehman

Nov 15, 2010, 6:56:39 AM11/15/10
to Brighton New Media
Thats valid point but it does say OR. And a designer who has been at Uni
will have work from their course? surely? Maybe i should have clarified that
better. But anyway, we are after a creative designer and we didnt want to
limit candidates to those with "X" amount of exprience because a great
designer may be someone who has taught themselves, gone to Uni or is jobbing
at the moment. Trying to keep it as open as possible.

Jeremy Norton

Nov 15, 2010, 7:06:30 AM11/15/10
to Brighton New Media
Thanks for clarifying that Anamur. Good luck with the search.

Kind regards,

Jeremy

Alex Beston

Nov 15, 2010, 7:07:33 AM11/15/10
to Brighton New Media
Anamur

I have a feeling you are a new company?

Whats the renumeration?

--
rgds, Alex

http://bit.ly/my-posts

Mat Walker

Nov 15, 2010, 7:08:16 AM11/15/10
to Brighton New Media
On 15 November 2010 11:56, Anamur Rehman <ana...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thats valid point but it does say OR. And a designer who has been at Uni
> will have work from their course? surely? Maybe i should have clarified that
> better. But anyway, we are after a creative designer and we didnt want to
> limit candidates to those with "X" amount of exprience because a great
> designer may be someone who has taught themselves, gone to Uni or is jobbing
> at the moment. Trying to keep it as open as possible.

The ad makes perfect sense to me and also works around the 'x years
experience' requirement which is one of pet hates in recruitment!

Mat

Standen, Mark

Nov 15, 2010, 7:09:58 AM11/15/10
to Brighton New Media
By law you can no longer insist on years X experience or educational
level!

Mark

Mat

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential (and may contain privileged information) to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed and must not be copied, disclosed or distributed without the prior authorisation of the sender.

Please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail immediately if you are not the intended recipient.

Please also note that while our own software systems have been used to try to ensure that this e-mail has been swept for viruses, we do not accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused in respect of any viruses transmitted by the e-mail. Please ensure your own checks are carried out before any attachments are opened.

Computer People and Ajilon are the trading names of Ajilon (UK) Limited whose registered office is at:71 Elstree Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, England, WD6 1WD.
Registered in England & Wales: Registered No. 01458245.

Alex Beston

Nov 15, 2010, 7:15:09 AM11/15/10
to Brighton New Media
> By law you can no longer insist on years X experience
> or educational level!

ha! but everyone knows they all want 3 yrs+; and the law hasnt stopped
"them" putting that on the ads!

--
rgds, Alex

http://bit.ly/my-posts

David Pashley

Nov 15, 2010, 7:24:49 AM11/15/10
to Brighton New Media
On Nov 15, 2010 at 12:09, Standen, Mark praised the llamas by saying:

> By law you can no longer insist on years X experience or educational
> level!

Really? Do you have a reference for that? I'd like to read more about
it.

--
David Pashley
da...@davidpashley.com

Louise Hewitt

Nov 15, 2010, 8:30:18 AM11/15/10
to Brighton New Media
I've had '10 years experience' for as long as I can remember :D

(Sad thing is, nowadays it's an underestimate - man I'm getting old)

if recruiters are going to play that game then, assuming you have the confidence in your abilities, candidates should play along. 'Experience' doesn't necessarily have to be paid jobs for corporate clients.

Lou.

Clear & effective digital communication.

louise...@gmail.com

+ 44 (0) 7595 829647

louisehewitt.co.uk