Suprisingly it's really work.

Akiyama Shinichi

May 12, 2011, 8:04:53 AM5/12/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hi!
I've been playing Dual N-back for over one month. I've never take any
IQ test because in my opinion it seems to be useless. I don't see any
sense in testing something which is not useful in your daily life and
your lifestyle. I'm a chess player and to check how much I can improve
with that software I took a rest for 1 month and didn't play a single
game.

I train 3 times a day and every sesion last about 20 minutes. After a
month a went to my chess club and completely crash players who was at
completely different level. I chose one of the strongest player (at my
level of course), because he was able to tell me if I've realy
improved. Then I had to reveal my secret, and after month I tell how
it works for them.

I notice that I improve not only in chess. I'm a piano player and it's
really challenging. I was learning very slowly, but yesterday my
teacher told me that in two weeks I learnt much more than in the last
2 months. He was even suspecting me that I take lectures from other
teacher, not only from him.

And that's not all. I'm a student and one a month every of us have to
prepare presentation on some topic. A few days ago was my turn. I
didn't notice it by myself, but one of my friend told me that I was
very well-prepared, because I stopped making that annoying sound like
"umm", "yyyy" when I was thinking what to say. When I was performing
my presentation I don't have to think what to say next because I'd
already know and didn't have to think about it much.

Sory If I made some mistakes. I've learnt english only for 4 months so
don't be mad about it.:)

Darius Malik

May 12, 2011, 8:56:14 AM5/12/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Thanks for telling us! I've had the same experience and I think n-back
also helps me get more motivated. If I do lots of n-back one day I get
a lot more work done the next day, and I'm more enthusiastic about
learning stuff. I also play piano and chess and I think it helps with
both.

brain train

May 12, 2011, 12:45:06 PM5/12/11
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
Tt's very motivational to learn about  the quantum of improvement you guys have been seeing- thanks for sharing your experience.

one reason of big change in your cases could be your age.
PFC takes longest to develop and it keeps developing till about 25 years of age.

In younger people PFC is under-active and n-back helps improve it's performance.
so, obviously it would have more significant effect on people with under-active PFC- youngsters and people with ADD.

Adults, whose PFC is already fully active, would see relatively much less effect/improvement, IMO.

eurekasabiduria

May 12, 2011, 1:31:08 PM5/12/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hi
if i am ago 35 year and i have tda

your opinion?

thank you

On 12 mayo, 11:45, brain train <brain.train...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tt's very motivational to learn about  the quantum of improvement you guys
> have been seeing- thanks for sharing your experience.
>
> one reason of big change in your cases could be your age.
> PFC takes longest to develop and it keeps developing till about 25 years of
> age.
>
> In younger people PFC is under-active and n-back helps improve it's
> performance.
> so, obviously it would have more significant effect on people with
> under-active PFC- youngsters and people with ADD.
>
> Adults, whose PFC is already fully active, would see relatively much less
> effect/improvement, IMO.
>
> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Darius Malik <malikdari...117@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Thanks for telling us! I've had the same experience and I think n-back
> > also helps me get more motivated. If I do lots of n-back one day I get
> > a lot more work done the next day, and I'm more enthusiastic about
> > learning stuff. I also play piano and chess and I think it helps with
> > both.
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/brain-training?hl=en120.

whoisbambam

May 12, 2011, 9:34:05 PM5/12/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
what is tda?

what is the question precisely?

On May 12, 12:31 pm, eurekasabiduria <eurekasabidu...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi
> if i am ago 35 year and i have tda
>
> your opinion?
>
> thank you
>
> On 12 mayo, 11:45, brain train <brain.train...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Tt's very motivational to learn about  the quantum of improvement you guys
> > have been seeing- thanks for sharing your experience.
>
> > one reason of big change in your cases could be your age.
> > PFC takes longest to develop and it keeps developing till about 25 years of
> > age.
>
> > In younger people PFC is under-active and n-back helps improve it's
> > performance.
> > so, obviously it would have more significant effect on people with
> > under-active PFC- youngsters and people with ADD.
>
> > Adults, whose PFC is already fully active, would see relatively much less
> > effect/improvement, IMO.
>
> > On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Darius Malik <malikdari......@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > > Thanks for telling us! I've had the same experience and I think n-back
> > > also helps me get more motivated. If I do lots of n-back one day I get
> > > a lot more work done the next day, and I'm more enthusiastic about
> > > learning stuff. I also play piano and chess and I think it helps with
> > > both.

Akiyama Shinichi

May 13, 2011, 2:07:40 AM5/13/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
To tell the truth I know many cases even In my area that even if
you're 50 you can improve like a young. The thing is you can't campore
yourself to other people, because they are in diffirent level and some
of them just born as a smart. You must remember that your goal is to
be better than yourself before and not to be better from everyone and
be the smartest person in the world.

What about 50. So in my area was a woman, who was 50. She started to
feel very old and useles, because she started to have problems with
memory and focusing on conversation. Then she got a idea about playing
piano. Fortunatelly she could afford both piano and piano teacher. She
had much luck because the teacher knew how to motivate her and change
her way of thinking. After 10 years playing she improve much more than
children playing for that period. Now she performs from time to time
and when I first saw her I feel kind of jealous, because some people
in audience burst out crying. That was really impresive.

What about n-back. I notice one interesting thing. Most game teach you
how to be focused on particular period without being distracted. If
you play much you can completely be focused on lesson in schools or
during tests. The problem is that if you improve your ability of focus
you still could have problems with problems solving and learning new
things. So I thing that n-back game improves not only ability of being
focus but also its quality. With good quality of focus you can deal
with some intellectual problem much more quickly, because you brain
works faster. That's the prove! Yesterday I learnt for the test. I
take materials and I was going to learn everything in 2 hours. After
I'd learnt I go to bed thinking that It is 1:00 A.M, but fact is that
was 23:00 P.M. I found out that I had learnt only 30 minutes. That was
the power of the focus quality.

To sum up, you're still young and on that age you can still improve.
As in the 50 years old woman case you the best way to improve is just
change the way of thinking.

On 12 Maj, 19:31, eurekasabiduria <eurekasabidu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> if i am ago 35 year and i have tda
>
> your opinion?
>
> thank you
>
> On 12 mayo, 11:45, brain train <brain.train...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Tt's very motivational to learn about  the quantum of improvement you guys
> > have been seeing- thanks for sharing your experience.
>
> > one reason of big change in your cases could be your age.
> > PFC takes longest to develop and it keeps developing till about 25 years of
> > age.
>
> > In younger people PFC is under-active and n-back helps improve it's
> > performance.
> > so, obviously it would have more significant effect on people with
> > under-active PFC- youngsters and people with ADD.
>
> > Adults, whose PFC is already fully active, would see relatively much less
> > effect/improvement, IMO.
>
> > On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Darius Malik <malikdari......@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > > Thanks for telling us! I've had the same experience and I think n-back
> > > also helps me get more motivated. If I do lots of n-back one day I get
> > > a lot more work done the next day, and I'm more enthusiastic about
> > > learning stuff. I also play piano and chess and I think it helps with
> > > both.

?

May 13, 2011, 10:10:38 AM5/13/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence

Haha, thats really motivational! I am a chess player too, whats your
rating?

brain train

May 13, 2011, 3:16:31 PM5/13/11
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
human brain can be trained and improve till death!
age is no bar for improving it!! you can always improve it by proper diet and training, irrespective of the age.
however pace of learning and improvement depends on age.. at older age you have train harder and longer to get the similar benefit (that you get at younger age).

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 7:40 PM, ? <hamza.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

Haha, thats really motivational! I am a chess player too, whats your
rating?

eurekasabiduria

May 14, 2011, 11:51:45 AM5/14/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
thank you

very goog word

my help much

On 13 mayo, 14:16, brain train <brain.train...@gmail.com> wrote:
> cerebro humano se puede entrenar y mejorar hasta que la muerte!
> la edad no es obstáculo para mejorarlo! siempre se puede mejorar con la dieta adecuada
> y la formación, independientemente de la edad.
> Sin embargo el ritmo de aprendizaje y la mejora depende de la edad .. en la edad avanzada que
> han entrenar más duro y más tiempo para obtener el beneficio similar (que podemos encontrar en
> una edad más joven).
>

> El Vie, 13 de mayo de 2011 a las 19:40,? <Hamza.hassa...236@ gmail.com> escribió:
>
> > Jaja, eso es muy motivador! Soy un jugador de ajedrez también, cuál es su
> Valoración>?
>
> > -
> > Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito a los Grupos de Google
> > "Dual N-Back, Brain Training y la inteligencia" del grupo.
> > Si quieres publicar en este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a brain-t...@googlegroups.com.
> > Para anular la suscripción a este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a
> > Para entrenar el cerebro + unsub...@googlegroups.com.
> > Para obtener más opciones, visita este grupo en
> >http://groups.google.com/group/brain-training?hl=en237.

Zaraki

May 14, 2011, 7:28:08 PM5/14/11

On May 12, 5:04 am, Akiyama Shinichi <ibornt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I've been playing Dual N-back for over one month.
> I train 3 times a day and every sesion last about 20 minutes.

Did you change your schedule in any other way during this month? Like
picking up meditation or starting to exercise.

Glad to hear your progress, might make me train harder. :)

Akiyama Shinichi

May 15, 2011, 12:54:35 PM5/15/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hm... meditation. My psychologist teach me how to be relaxed on every
moment in my life. Our life is very limited because of stress. We
can't cease it completely but relaxation helps a lot mainly in
interaction with other people:) . I experienced that meditation train
our brai on completely different level and I practice because I'm
onvolved in lucid dreaming and thats why I practise it.

My schedule havent change much. Three times a day which gives 1 hour
training with Dual N-back.
I downloaded Quantum memory course by Domonic O'Brian. It shows
ingenious ways to remember things and i never thought before that i
would be that easy.
I train this method by listening psychology lectures by Paul Bloom.
Highly recommended because if you want to improve It's good to know
basic information about psychology, sociology, and neurology.

The lectures you can find on this site. Have a nice watch! : D
http://academicearth.org/courses/introduction-to-psychology

Algis

May 16, 2011, 7:52:52 AM5/16/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence

I too have been considering starting to practice quantum memory/
mnemomic techniques. This would be in addition to n-backing and
meditation. Do you guys think it would provide any benefits? Is so,
could you please recommend a practice regimen?

On 15 Geg, 19:54, Akiyama Shinichi <ibornt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hm... meditation. My psychologist teach me how to be relaxed on every
> moment in my life. Our life is very limited because of stress. We
> can't cease it completely but relaxation helps a lot mainly in
> interaction with other people:) . I experienced that meditation train
> our brai on completely different level and I practice because I'm
> onvolved in lucid dreaming and thats why I practise it.
>
> My schedule havent change much. Three times a day which gives 1 hour
> training with Dual N-back.
> I downloaded Quantum memory course by Domonic O'Brian. It shows
> ingenious ways to remember things and i never thought before that i
> would be that easy.
> I train this method by listening psychology lectures by Paul Bloom.
> Highly recommended because if you want to improve It's good to know
> basic information about psychology, sociology, and neurology.
>
> The lectures you can find on this site. Have a nice watch! : Dhttp://academicearth.org/courses/introduction-to-psychology

Akiyama Shinichi

May 16, 2011, 2:44:11 PM5/16/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Quantum memory techniques provides big benefits even if you don't
ptactise n-backing.
Again i recommending the audio course by Dominic O'Brian.:)

My schedulle.
Morning:
- relaxation with classical music (I'm lying on my bed, play on music
and try to relax every part of my body, then I focus on my breath and
finaly I listen carefully every sound I can hear in music. After 15
minut session you feel very refreshed and full of energy. It's good to
listen every time the same piece of music, because every time you
listen to this piece you'll become relaxed automatically.)
- n-backing (20 minutes)
- quantum memory (remember faces, numbers)

Noon:
- relaxation
- n-backing
- quantum memory (listen psychology lectures online - highly
recommended again! : D, and try memorize as much as possible. Reading
some articles about iteresting topics.)

Before sleep:
- n-backing
- quantum memory (memorizing order of 52 cards - it takes not more
than 10 minutes)
- relaxation

It may seem that it takes me a lot of time, but not. It's only 3 hours
a day and after every session you dont feel very tired because of
meditation. I realy enjoyed this schedule especially because of
quantum memory because it realy makes learning very attractive.

Algis

May 17, 2011, 4:56:28 AM5/17/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence

Thanks,

Interesting regimen you got there. I especially liked the listening to
every sound in classical music. I recently started learning to play
the keyboard, maybe this can help me play better? :) If get this
right, you combine relaxation/meditation, n-back and quantum memory
for about 3 hours? This sounds kind of long because I have lot of
other things to learn and not much time... Anyway, thank you for the
useful info.

Akiyama Shinichi

May 17, 2011, 2:20:32 PM5/17/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hm...playing the keyboard. Hm... in that case you need to pay more
attention what you listen and listen more deeply into sounds. The same
case during playing. If you have learnt a piece the you need to pay
attention what you playing and what it sounds. Listening don't make
you better player because it won't develop your technical skills, but
if you listen more deeply and can hear more in music than before you
willbe able to struck emotion into your pieces. When you develop your
hear sense you could play in the way you feel so actually that makes
you better player.

And what more thing about music. Not many people tells about it, but
learning scales, arpeggios and chords its mainly training of
listening. My teacher taught me that before I play a piece in a
specific scales, a I have to learn before to play arpegios, chords to
get idea what this piece sounds in that way.:)

Algis

May 18, 2011, 5:45:09 AM5/18/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence

Great advice! :) I've been developing my listening skills for some
time before playing because I also dance salsa and perceptive ears are
big plus there. Mainly I try to listen to music and pinpoint the
individual instruments and rhythms that they play. This can be quite a
challenge when listening to complex latin polyphony! Also I use ear
training software daily for 10-15 min. it helps develop better pitch
perception.