How well do you perform in this multitasking game?

likeprestige

Mar 28, 2011, 5:25:20 AM3/28/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
How well do you perform in this multitasking game?

Link: http://www.kongregate.com/games/IcyLime/multitask

My first score = 180

Strange considering I generally consider my ability to multitask as
pretty poor based on experience (I work part-time in a busy Cafe - the
ability to multitask is essential). It may be just that my ability is
confounded by the environmental pressure (busy Cafe), therefore, it's
that I suck under some types of pressure, not that I am poor at multi-
tasking.

I don't know if this task would be a good indicator of multitasking
ability or not. If it were to be closest to anything my guess is it
would probably only be an _indicator_ of visual multitasking ability
and not including verbal or other areas.

Good luck!

Arkanj3l

Mar 28, 2011, 8:32:19 AM3/28/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Nice find. I got a lovely little 46.

Pontus Granström

Mar 28, 2011, 8:38:24 AM3/28/11
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
I got a 111. 180 seems almost superhuman.

likeprestige

Mar 28, 2011, 9:05:05 AM3/28/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
You can check my score in the "high scores" column. Just click on the
achievements tab followed by the "view high scores" (in red) tab.
These options can be found to the right of the main game mode.

I think my training in the eccentric multi-stim mode _may_ have
contributed.

Pontus Granström

Mar 28, 2011, 9:13:49 AM3/28/11
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
I were just about to comment on that, it would be interesting to hear
from more multi-stim n-backers. When I switched to multi-stim I
managed to complete all levels of playing koi with only one fish that
I missed on the last level.

freekyguy007

Mar 28, 2011, 1:03:19 PM3/28/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
im happy to be back here...was buzy with studies ;;:-)

got 92 in the first try/.will aim for higher...

*PEACE*

Mr. Menesus

Mar 28, 2011, 1:22:10 PM3/28/11
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
101 on second try...
I'm on D4B this month

likeprestige

Mar 28, 2011, 9:46:30 PM3/28/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
3rd try - score = 258

Aman Idle

Mar 28, 2011, 10:51:30 PM3/28/11
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
fifth try 90.
Om how you got 258 lmao!

PadawanRay

Mar 28, 2011, 11:26:08 PM3/28/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I got 285, but on my 10th try or so.

I concentrate on the blue box as it requires the quickest reaction
time and use peripheral vision for the rest. Also turning off the
audio might help.

likeprestige

Mar 29, 2011, 5:56:55 AM3/29/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Nice score.

Aman Idle

Apr 1, 2011, 5:31:03 PM4/1/11
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
bah 136

Nice score.

Aman Idle

Apr 1, 2011, 5:32:26 PM4/1/11
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
*134

Aman Idle

Apr 4, 2011, 12:52:13 PM4/4/11
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
176 woho

likeprestige

Apr 19, 2011, 9:04:18 AM4/19/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
My new top score = 319

I suppose I've played the game about 15 times now.

I achieved this score on my first attempt after a two day break from n-
back.
Message has been deleted

Manuel Matías

Apr 19, 2011, 7:56:49 PM4/19/11
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
Two tries so far, and I'm frustrated because when the green thingy appears
I begin to try to control it with WASD, which is actually for the horizontal bar,
so I drop the ball.

-- Manuel M.

Manuel Matías

Apr 19, 2011, 8:03:12 PM4/19/11
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com

2011/4/20 Manuel Matías <manuel...@gmail.com>

Two tries so far, and I'm frustrated because when the green thingy appears
I begin to try to control it with WASD, which is actually for the horizontal bar,
so I drop the ball.

See how confused I get? I even typed it the wrong way around. You know what
I meant: I need to control it with WASD but I instinctively use the arrows and drop
the ball.

PadawanRay

Apr 20, 2011, 4:28:19 PM4/20/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
387

Could've gotten further if it weren't for keyboard ghosting.

Aman Idle

May 7, 2011, 10:57:05 PM5/7/11
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
228

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

likeprestige

Jun 7, 2011, 7:56:37 AM6/7/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I think you have me beat, at least for now that is...

I see you've already tried Multitasking 2. This game is quite
difficult, haha. Check out the scores in the coming weeks, I'll catch
up to you eventually...

On Apr 21, 6:28 am, PadawanRay <limrayb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 387
>
> Could've gotten further if it weren't for keyboard ghosting.
>
> On Apr 19, 9:04 pm, likeprestige <plastic...@live.com.au> wrote:
>

> > My new top score = 319
>
> > I suppose I've played thegameabout 15 times now.

PadawanRay

Jun 7, 2011, 1:45:23 PM6/7/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Haha, at least now I don't have to compete only against myself...

By the way for Multitask I open sound-n-back at the background and
attempt to recite 5-back during the easier parts, although I almost
completely ignore it after 300...This makes the early parts more
intensive, and a challenge to keep paying attention to n-back a long
as possible.

Multitask 2 gets hard really quickly, and that makes it quite hard to
practice for. I haven't improved my score for weeks. :(