Lateral Thinking

Skip to the first unread message

Browni

22 Sept 2009, 18:35:0422/09/2009
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hiya,

Just curious, how has n-back training affected your ability to think
laterally?

thanks

Mukund

Browni

26 Sept 2009, 07:50:2426/09/2009
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
bumpalump.

cheers

Reece

26 Sept 2009, 12:38:1926/09/2009
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Not that I've noticed. I have noticed an improvement in my working
memory however -- seems easier to juggle a few ideas in my head at the
same time which presumably the quad-n-back has helped with.

carvalhoneto

3 Oct 2009, 17:27:5503/10/2009
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence

Hi friends,

I'm brazilian, sorry for my english.
I have thinking bout perception.
Perhaps DNB make increasing our perception more than focus.
We all have the same logic, but the perception to aplication of
the logic is diferent for each individual.
I believe DNB really work. Under test (Havens matrix) i saw my
perception grow up.
What your impretions!

Thanks Carvalhoneto

Gwern Branwen

4 Oct 2009, 11:58:5004/10/2009
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com

As usual: http://community.haskell.org/~gwern/static/N-back%20FAQ.html#benefits

--
gwern
signature.asc

Gwern Branwen

4 Oct 2009, 12:01:0104/10/2009
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 5:27 PM, carvalhoneto <carval...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>    Hi friends,
>
>    I'm brazilian, sorry for my english.
>    I have thinking bout perception.
>    Perhaps DNB make increasing our perception more than focus.
>    We all have the same logic, but the perception to aplication of
> the logic is diferent for each individual.
>    I believe DNB really work. Under test (Havens matrix) i saw my
> perception grow up.

When you say your score went up on a Raven's style test, did you keep track of exactly how much? One would expect an increase just from experience the second time, or from remembering the answers.

>    What your impretions!

See the FAQ.

--
gwern