IQ test in one month!

Colin Dickerman

Mar 10, 2011, 3:41:03 AM3/10/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I took a free android IQ test (I'm computerless) and scored 123 about
4 months ago. I've started n-backing again and after 4 weeks of
consistent effort, I average around 70% at dual 5 back. I think with a
month I'll be able to push into 6 or 7 back. I'm going to try and cut
back on caffeine and meditate more (20 minutes a day won't get you
very far.) I'll also be adding more running. I usually run 15 minutes
before weightlifting and I want to ramp it up to 30 2-3 days a week.

Colin Dickerman

Mar 20, 2011, 4:55:44 AM3/20/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I've moved past 5-back to 6-back. I'm going to try to push to 7 by day
30.

On Mar 10, 1:41 am, Colin Dickerman <collin.silvern...@gmail.com>

whoisbambam

Mar 20, 2011, 9:49:29 AM3/20/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Colin:
1. excellent IQ, congratulations
2. Excellent nback level at nback5. I have been doing JUST nback4 for
almost 60days!
3. I think it is a good idea to do cardiovascular exercise 35minutes a
day, keeping your target HR at 70% of maximal HR:

http://www.stevenscreek.com/goodies/hr.shtml

I dont enter a maximum HR, i let it calculate it for me based on my
resting............for me this means my HR should remain in the 120s

On Mar 10, 3:41 am, Colin Dickerman <collin.silvern...@gmail.com>

Colin Dickerman

Mar 21, 2011, 3:33:24 AM3/21/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I think I either got better at IQ testing or the test was a little
easy. I don't think my IQ is that high (yet anyway). Try jumping a
couple levels and put a lot of energy in to it. Once you go back down,
the level will feel easier and you should get a jump in performance. I
don't think you need those sorts of calculations. I think you just
need to increase intensity/time each time you do it. I think I'm going
to start to run half before and half after weightlifting so Im not too
tired after running to lift.

Colin Dickerman

Apr 10, 2011, 2:20:37 AM4/10/11
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Okay, I jumped the gun a little bit and retook the test a day early. I
scored 126. What I hate about the particular IQ test is there are two
questions that gives you a jumble of letters like "NIG HIMAC" and then
asks you if the letters form a name, a mountain, a city ect. My brain
is incapable of figuring that out! I stare at the multiple choice
answers for minutes on end and then guess.
..

I think a 3 point difference is too little to say anything one way or
the other. I didn't do well with my running or my meditation. I got
pretty lazy after day 20 or so. N-back level stagnated in the mid 60%
at 6-back. Two levels improvement isn't bad, but its still at about
the level it was when I stopped n-backing.