Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

Zach

nepřečteno,
28. 6. 2011 17:20:5228.06.11
komu: Boston Software Craftsmanship
Hi All,

Brian Marick is going to do a TDD clojure tour see
http://www.exampler.com/blog/2011/06/08/announcing-top-down-tdd-in-clojure-tour/
for more details.

I would love to take that class! I shot him an email and he said he
was interested in coming to Boston. But now I need to see if we can
get enough people to make it worth his while.

If you're interested I need to know a few things
1) Would you be willing to pay ~$200 to take the class?
2) Are you free between July 25 - August 5? Or sometime in the first
week of November? This is a 2 day course.

The goal is covering room, board + travel expenses for 4-5 days, + a
little more.

Thoughts?

Interest?

-Zach

Zach

nepřečteno,
28. 6. 2011 18:47:5328.06.11
komu: Boston Software Craftsmanship
Just to be clear there is no fixed cost for the class, but I figure we
need at least (at least) $1,000 to cover costs of getting Brian out
here and putting him up in a hotel. Then it would be really great to
get a little more cash to pay him for the course. I swag'ed at a
couple hundred per person. Maybe we'd need more, maybe less. Depends
on how many people are interested.

-Zach

Alex Baranosky

nepřečteno,
28. 6. 2011 18:58:0128.06.11
komu: boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
My interest is officially piqued!

Mark Simpson

nepřečteno,
28. 6. 2011 19:15:0028.06.11
komu: boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com

I second Alex's sentiment: Interest == piqued!

I could do July 25 - August 5 (with preference for July26th-August 5:
August 7 is when i am flying out for Agile 2011 and I'm coming back from
a trip to the in-laws the weekend of July23rd&24th.)

I could also do the first week of November. (SCNA isn't until the 18th)

The $200 tentative price tag is probably also doable - need to check the
budget but could probably find a means to swing it.

Good catch on this Zach!

Ciao
Mark

rob

nepřečteno,
29. 6. 2011 10:21:0029.06.11
komu: Boston Software Craftsmanship
That's awesome! I am interested, can attend, and will pay $200.

Rob

On Jun 28, 5:20 pm, Zach <zd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Brian Marick is going to do a TDD clojure tour seehttp://www.exampler.com/blog/2011/06/08/announcing-top-down-tdd-in-cl...

Mark Simpson

nepřečteno,
5. 7. 2011 8:06:0905.07.11
komu: boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com

All -

FYI: I've forwarded this information on to my current coworkers and
there was some interest and just now forwarded on to a former coworker
(who as the in-house 'Agile Coach' should be able to disseminate this
further).

Hopefully we'll see some more interest.

Zach - is there some critical mass you think we need to do this? A
deadline to get on Brian's calendar?

Ciao
Mark

Alex Baranosky

nepřečteno,
5. 7. 2011 18:27:1805.07.11
komu: boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Yeah is there a deadline?  I'm working on procuring funding :) A deadline would be great so I can push the issue a bit.

I will be there assuming I can get time/fees from my employer.  Otherwise I certainly won't have the time off work.

On another note, I wonder how many people we have with serious intent to attend?  Can we get an update on the count?

Best,
Alex

Moss Collum

nepřečteno,
5. 7. 2011 18:43:2105.07.11
komu: boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com

I would absolutely attend this, and both the possible date ranges should work for me. (Meant to respond earlier.)

Sam Phillips

nepřečteno,
6. 7. 2011 21:53:3806.07.11
komu: boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
If it was possible to do this over a weekend, a co-worker and I are in, but it looks like getting the time off work could be tricky for weekday classes.

Sam

zdsbs

nepřečteno,
6. 7. 2011 23:12:4006.07.11
komu: boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com, boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com, Brian Marick
Hi All,

I just talked with Brian I think we should shoot for the first week in Nov so that we can have time to figure out a location.

Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Zach

Shree Mulay

nepřečteno,
7. 7. 2011 2:10:2807.07.11
komu: boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
May I recommend First Church in Boston - http://www.firstchurchboston.org/ This is where the Boston Coding Dojo has been meeting @ http://www.meetup.com/boston-coding-dojo/

Thanks,

shree
--
Shree Mulay's eSignature
-----------------------------

Neil Traft

nepřečteno,
7. 7. 2011 7:02:3207.07.11
komu: boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
First Church has ample space but no whiteboard. Organizers would have to supply a projector, extension cables, and power strips. FYI

Alex Baranosky

nepřečteno,
7. 7. 2011 7:53:3307.07.11
komu: boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Another possibility is at my employer, youDevise's Arch St. office.  Still have to see about that however.  I know they are interested in such things, so we shall see.

octopusgrabbus

nepřečteno,
12. 7. 2011 8:26:0512.07.11
komu: Boston Software Craftsmanship
I'm interested. November would be better, but I could probably get two
days off in July or August.

I know enough Clojure to recognize the code and write a simple
program. Is that enough experience?

$200 would be fine.

cmn

On Jun 28, 5:20 pm, Zach <zd...@yahoo.com> wrote: