RichEdit HighLight Text Colour Change

Andrew Gaze

Mar 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/13/00
Is there a way to change the colour of the highlight when text is selected
in a RichEdit. I have tried using GetSystemPalette and altering the logical
palette, but using GetDeviceCaps tells me that RichEdit does not support
palette operations.

At the moment I am reduced to changing the system colours for
COLOR_HIGHLIGHT and COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT in order to get result I want,
changing them back when the RichEdit is destroyed.
Any help would be appreciated

Andy G.

Peter Below

Mar 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/14/00
In article <8ajp0e$p8...@bornews.borland.com>, Andrew Gaze wrote:
> Is there a way to change the colour of the highlight when text is selected
> in a RichEdit.

No, it seems to be hardwired to use the system colors for highlighted text,
like many other MS controls.

Peter Below (TeamB) 10011...@compuserve.com)
No replies in private e-mail, please, unless explicitly requested!