XPMan charset problem (try 2)

Tito Serenti

Sep 27, 2003, 11:53:44 AM9/27/03

I asked this before, so please forgive me for repeating it, but I still
didn't find any solution. After including XP manifest in my program, all the
non-ANSI characters (Thai, Russian, Hebrew) show as question marks in most
of my controls (like string grids). I can type them with the proper
characters in edit boxes, but as soon as the same string gets passed on to a
string grid (whose font charset is assigned properly) it appears as ?????.

It works fine when I remove XP manifest. I'm using D7, English XP
Professional.

Also, notice that if you include XPMan, the characters in the edit box
appear with characters of the current keyboard's setting, regardless of the
charset specified. Without XPMan, I can use for example, Thai keyboard, set
the charset of the edit box to Hebrew and it'll show in Hebrew.

I would really appreciate some help with this. Thank you.

Tito

P.S. You can reproduce it like this:

1. Create a new application.
2. Place a string grid, an edit box and a button on the form.
3. Include the following:

begin
StringGrid1.Cells[2,2] := Edit1.Text;
end;

begin
Edit1.Font.Charset := 222;
StringGrid1.Font.Charset := 222;
end;

Let's use 222, Thai character set for an example.

4. Include XP manifest.

5. Run the program, switch your keyboard to Thai (or Russian, Hebrew, or
whatever), type some text in the edit box (will show properly), and press
the button to see some question marks in the grid.

6. Remove XP manifest and repeat it. Now you'll see correct lettering in the
grid.

<end>