Edit Controls and Charset and XP

Peter Hedlund

Jun 18, 2002, 2:18:34 PM6/18/02
Hi All!

I have noticed that if I add an XP manifest or the ThemeManager
from Mike Lischke to my application then controls based on TCustomEdit will
no longer display non-Western character sets correctly (on WinXP), try e. g.
to set the font to Arial and the charset to cyrillic. The text will always
be in Western charset.

I'm using Delphi 6.02 on Win98 and WinXP.

Am I doing any thing wrong? I can reproduce it compiling very simple
projects on several machines. Is there any way to work around this?

Thanks,
Peter
peter at peterandlinda dot com

Peter Hedlund

Jun 20, 2002, 3:41:14 PM6/20/02
Anyone?

To reproduce:
Create a simple project with one Edit, one Button and the ThemeManager. Set
the Edit's font to Arial with Western Charset. Add some text to it that will
make sense in Russian. Run the project and have the button change the
Charset of the Edit.Font to RUSSIAN_CHARSET. The CharSet will not be changed
on WinXP.

Thanks,
Peter