Visibroker 7 - ConnectException while running bank client

Nandkumar Jawale

Mar 26, 2007, 1:13:26 AM3/26/07

I am getting following error while running bank client in a call to bind().

org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out vmcid: 0x56420000 minor code: 1 completed: No

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nandu

Kevin Dean [TeamB]

Mar 29, 2007, 5:05:54 PM3/29/07
Nandkumar Jawale wrote:

>I am getting following error while running bank client in a call to bind().
>
>org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
>timed out vmcid: 0x56420000 minor code: 1 completed: No

That error usually indicates that the client and the server are attempting
to communicate on different ports. Are you using the Smart Agent to run
the demo?

--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

http://info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Nandkumar Jawale

Apr 10, 2007, 5:32:40 AM4/10/07

Thanks for the reply Kevin. Yes, I am using Smart Agent.

I put osagent's verbose mode on and can see that the client is trying to connect to correct port.

Regards,
Nandu

Kevin Dean [TeamB]

Apr 10, 2007, 8:29:05 AM4/10/07
Nandkumar Jawale wrote:

>Thanks for the reply Kevin. Yes, I am using Smart Agent.
>
>I put osagent's verbose mode on and can see that the client is trying to
>connect to correct port.

A couple more things to check...

1) Make sure that the firewall between the client and the server allows
connections on all ports.

2) If you're running under Windows, download a utility called TCPView from
http://www.sysinternals.com/. That will tell you what process is
listening on what ports. If you have multiple network cards, check that
the bank server is either listening on the card on the client side of the
network or that it's listening on 0.0.0.0.