Finder shuts down

Rounak

Sep 5, 2008, 3:50:38 AM9/5/08
to Blacktree: Quicksilver

Howard Melman

Sep 5, 2008, 8:56:43 AM9/5/08
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
On Sep 5, 2008, at 3:50 AM, Rounak wrote:

New members are moderated, that's why your post didn't show up
immediately.

Would it have been so difficult to copy the contents?

> When I click on space key to quickview any file in Finder and then
> press close in the quickview window.....finder shuts down itself. I
> have only started using quicksilver since the last couple of
> days....and i feel certain that the problem is with one of QS plugins.

This doesn't happen when I try it and I haven't seen anyone else
report it. You're using 10.5.4? Why are you certain it's one of QS's
plugins? QS doesn't install anything into the Finder. If QS isn't
running does it happen? If QS isn't installed does it happen?

I'd first look at QuickView plugins. Do you have any of those installed?

Howard

Chris

Sep 5, 2008, 1:06:25 PM9/5/08
to Blacktree: Quicksilver

> New members are moderated, that's why your post didn't show up
> immediately.

thats a surprise.....i clicked on Quicksilver\help\quicksilver forums
and i was actually expecting a forum....never seen a group imitating a
forum

> Would it have been so difficult to copy the contents?

sorry for being lazy

> > When I click on space key to quickview any file in Finder and then
> > press close in the quickview window.....finder shuts down itself. I
> > have only started using quicksilver since the last couple of
> > days....and i feel certain that the problem is with one of QS plugins.
>
> This doesn't happen when I try it and I haven't seen anyone else
> report it. You're using 10.5.4?

no, its 10.5 and my QS version is B4(3815)

Why are you certain it's one of QS's
> plugins?

because it never happened before i started using QS

QS doesn't install anything into the Finder.  If QS isn't
> running does it happen? If QS isn't installed does it happen?

actually it happened for quite some time. i restarted QS , finder etc
and kept playing around, nothing happened

but now as i write this, i do not have the issue anymore, i dont know
how the issue got solved because i had spent half an hour getting rid
of it yesterday and could not do so.

> I'd first look at QuickView plugins. Do you have any of those installed?

i did disable some plugins yesterday though i never had any QuickView
plugin and Slideshow Action Plugin is still on

> sorry for the trouble., Howard

Chris

Sep 5, 2008, 1:09:00 PM9/5/08
to Blacktree: Quicksilver