Need help with REXX and File Tailoring

Ed Benoit

Jul 14, 2009, 12:00:18 PM7/14/09
Hello All,
I need help creating a skel pds member with a data set.
I can edit the data but I have attempted creating a member in my skel pds
but I am having problems
so I need an example. The code below work.

ADDRESS ISPEXEC "VGET (ZTEMPF) SHARED"
ADDRESS TSO
"ALLOC F("TMP1") DATASET('"ZTEMPF"')"
ABOVE CODE WORK FINE
"EXECIO 0 DISKW "TMP1""
ABOVE CODE WORK FINE
/* WRITE THE QUEUED STATEMENTS TO THE TEMP DATASET */
ZX=QUEUED()
"EXECIO "ZX" DISKW "TMP1" (FINIS"
ABOVE CODE WORK FINE
ADDRESS ISPEXEC "EDIT DATASET('&ZTEMPF') PANEL(ISREFR01)"
ABOVE CODE WORK FINE
I can edit the file, but I would like it in a pds skel member.
Question: How can I use file tailoring to put this data as a pds member.
Example: What vget, ftopen, ftincl and ftclose name(xxxxxx)
I have attempted several combination.
I need code to accomplished this task.

Ed.
**************Can love help you live longer? Find out now.
(http://personals.aol.com/articles/2009/02/18/longer-lives-through-relationships/?ncid=emlweu
slove00000001)

send email to LIST...@VM.MARIST.EDU with the message: INFO TSO-REXX

Itschak Mugzach

Jul 14, 2009, 2:16:03 PM7/14/09
Try..

FTOPEN
FTINCL Ispslib-Member-Name
FTCLOSE NAME(Member-Name) Library(ddname, if not pointed by ISPFILE)

ISPFILE must be allocated even if you use LIBRARY keyword on FTCLOSE.

ITschak

Ed Benoit

Jul 14, 2009, 3:16:07 PM7/14/09
Problem resolved.
I wrote directly into xxxxx.skels(zuser)

Ed.

**************Can love help you live longer? Find out now.

(http://personals.aol.com/articles/2009/02/18/longer-lives-through-relationships/?ncid=emlweu

Itschak Mugzach

Jul 15, 2009, 1:19:29 AM7/15/09
So problem not resolved, but bypassed.

ITschak

Gangireddy, Siva Pratap Reddy

Jul 17, 2009, 9:31:00 AM7/17/09

We have requirement to send email with JOB start and END time.

Case 1: Include REXX program in same JOB.
How we can get the JOB start time when we used the REXX program in that
job itself?
We can ignore the JOB end time as we will take current time from REXX.

Case 2: Include the REXX program in new job.
How we can get JOB start and ending time from SDSF (spool) by using REXX
program?
How we can get JOB start and ending time from CA-View (CA product) by
using REXX program?

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards
Gangireddy Siva Pratap Reddy

Binyamin Dissen

Jul 17, 2009, 9:38:26 AM7/17/09
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 18:59:11 +0530 "Gangireddy, Siva Pratap Reddy"
<sivapratapred...@EDS.COM> wrote:

:>We have requirement to send email with JOB start and END time.

:>Case 1: Include REXX program in same JOB.
:>How we can get the JOB start time when we used the REXX program in that
:>job itself?
:>We can ignore the JOB end time as we will take current time from REXX.

Yes, but consider that the job may fail in such a way that the trailing step
will not be executed.

:>Case 2: Include the REXX program in new job.

:>How we can get JOB start and ending time from SDSF (spool) by using REXX
:>program?
:>How we can get JOB start and ending time from CA-View (CA product) by
:>using REXX program?

Yes.

But this is not the best approach unless for a very tiny number of jobs. The
proper approach is to either use you automation software or an SMF exit.

--
Binyamin Dissen <bdi...@dissensoftware.com>
http://www.dissensoftware.com