VSAM R15=08 Open

prabhath gannavarapu

Oct 10, 2009, 4:37:05 PM10/10/09
Hello, i encountered the above problem when trying to backup a usercatalog.
Going through the message guide it explains me as below:

At least one data set (VSAM or non-VSAM) was not opened
successfully; the access method control block was restored
to the contents it had before the OPEN was issued; or, if
the data set was already open, the access method control
block remains open and usable and is not changed.

Its also adviced to run a SHOWCB macro. How do i get to this.

Can someone explain me what could be the reason for this. I was successful
rerunning the job, but the mystery of the earlier abend is out of my mind.

Thanks in anticipation....

Rahul Gupta.

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO