Did anyone else receive this marketing stuff?

Gary Green

Aug 1, 2008, 2:32:43 PM8/1/08
The below email arrived in my inbox (actually, the Junk Email box) earlier
today. Did anyone else receive something like it?

Just curious.

Gary Green
While the big event is over, there is still time for you to help me with my
efforts to assist those stricken with cancer!
Please support my efforts by visiting:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntsonj/tntsonjGGreen

Thank you.

Aug 1, 2008, 2:37:43 PM8/1/08
You work and live in India?????

--- Ga...@EVERGREEN-SYSTEMS.COM wrote:

Just curious.

Dear IBMMainframes.com Member,

The Management,
IBMMAINFRMES.com Team

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Tom Marchant

Aug 1, 2008, 2:43:54 PM8/1/08
On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 14:32:25 -0400, Gary Green wrote:

>The below email arrived in my inbox (actually, the Junk Email box) earlier
>today. Did anyone else receive something like it?

Why did you send the entire spam to the list?

--
Tom Marchant

Mark Pace

Aug 1, 2008, 3:12:10 PM8/1/08
No! And I really wish I had not received it now.

--
Mark Pace
Mainline Information Systems

Steven Conway

Aug 1, 2008, 3:25:03 PM8/1/08
Yes. It comes with joining certain MVS message boards. Even if you've
unsubscribed. :-(

Cheers,,,Steve

Steve Conway
Lead Systems Programmer
Information Systems & Services Division
Computer & Network Operations
Phone: (703) 450-3156
Fax: (703) 450-3197

Ed Finnell

Aug 1, 2008, 3:27:01 PM8/1/08

In a message dated 8/1/2008 2:25:04 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
steven...@FREDDIEMAC.COM writes:

MVS message boards. Even if you've
unsubscribed. :-(

Thankfully not from Ibm-main...

Read reviews on AOL Autos.

Kelman, Tom

Aug 1, 2008, 3:57:41 PM8/1/08

Hmmm, did anyone notice that they claim their web site is the world's
most popular IBM Mainframe site with 65,000 members? How many members
are on IBM-Main?

Tom Kelman
Enterprise Capacity Planner
Commerce Bank of Kansas City
(816) 760-7632

If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services at
http://www.commercebank.com or use the Commerce Bank Secure
Email Message Center at https://securemail.commercebank.com

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Eric Bielefeld

Aug 1, 2008, 4:19:31 PM8/1/08
Every time I have looked, the number of subscribed users to IBM-Main is
around 5,000. That is shown somewhere on the web site that hosts the group.
That doesn't account for all of the people who only access IBM-Main through
newsgroups. Its a good thing that every subscribed user doesn't send one
email per day.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. z/OS Systems Programmer
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
414-475-7434

> Hmmm, did anyone notice that they claim their web site is the world's
> most popular IBM Mainframe site with 65,000 members? How many members
> are on IBM-Main?
>
> Tom Kelman
> Enterprise Capacity Planner
> Commerce Bank of Kansas City
> (816) 760-7632

Edward Jaffe

Aug 1, 2008, 4:28:34 PM8/1/08

According to http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?INDEX it's 5923.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc

Ed Finnell

Aug 1, 2008, 4:49:21 PM8/1/08

In a message dated 8/1/2008 3:28:21 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
edj...@PHOENIXSOFTWARE.COM writes:

According to http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?INDEX it's 5923.

ACK in profile gives stats. Wonder what percentage participate in SHARE?

Read reviews on AOL Autos.

Patrick O'Keefe

Aug 1, 2008, 6:32:31 PM8/1/08
On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 14:56:24 -0500, Kelman, Tom
<Thomas...@COMMERCEBANK.COM> wrote:

>Hmmm, did anyone notice that they claim their web site is the world's

>most popular IBM Mainframe site with 65,000 members? ...

I know not all IBM mainframe shops participate in IBM-Main, but
flat out don't believe the the India thing has an order of magnitude
more members than IBM-Main. Nor do I believe you can equate
"number of members" and "popular".

"Our users have posted a total of 123254 articles
We have 66323 registered members and 37940376 unique users
since 18 May 2003"

Unique users? I think some of the IBM-Main users are pretty
"unique", too, but I'm glad we don't have that many.

Pat O'Keefe

Rick Fochtman

Aug 1, 2008, 8:27:33 PM8/1/08
-------------------------------------<snip>------------------------------
Gary Green wrote:

>The below email arrived in my inbox (actually, the Junk Email box) earlier
>today. Did anyone else receive something like it?
>
>Just curious.

----------------------------------<unsnip>-----------------------------
I got it too. Fits in the bit-bucket just fine.

--------------------------<remainder deleted>-----------------------------

Rick Fochtman

Aug 1, 2008, 8:31:09 PM8/1/08
-------------------------------<snip>-----------------------------

Hmmm, did anyone notice that they claim their web site is the world's
most popular IBM Mainframe site with 65,000 members? How many members
are on IBM-Main?
--------------------------------<unsnip>----------------------------
Doesn't matter how many of us are here. We're all professonals and don't
need that kind of SPAM trash. And we know how to read the FM's from IBM,
which should be our definitive information source.

Darren Evans-Young

Aug 1, 2008, 11:55:52 PM8/1/08
On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Edward Jaffe wrote:

>According to http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?INDEX it's 5923.

And sometimes it seems like 1/3 of those are bad addresses!
Uhhhhg!

Darren

Shmuel Metz , Seymour J.

Aug 8, 2008, 5:51:59 PM8/8/08
In <0e5101c8f404$f279e360$6801a8c0@D6LJYC61>, on 08/01/2008

at 02:32 PM, Gary Green <Ga...@EVERGREEN-SYSTEMS.COM> said:

>The below email arrived in my inbox (actually, the Junk Email box)
>earlier today.

It's impossible to determine its provenance without the full header,
specifically the Received fields. However, the domains in the From and the
URL are registered to

MANOJ MCMILLAN ibmmai...@gmail.com +91.04455874968

while the IP addresses belong to

CustName: 4T Networks
Address: 300 Satellite Blvd
City: Suwanee
StateProv: GA
PostalCode: 30024
Country: US

OrgName: Quality Technology Services, LLC.
OrgID: QTS-9
Address: 300 Satellite BLVD
City: Suwanee
StateProv: GA