Stepping down for CoCo port of Contiki

James Dessart

Jun 9, 2003, 4:39:55 PM6/9/03
I'm afraid I'm going to have to step down as the person porting Contiki to
the Coco. My schedule just isn't allowing me any time to work on it, and
as a result, it hasn't happened.

I'm REALLY hoping someone will step forward to work on it, since it's a
great project, and the CoCo community would definitely benefit from it.
I'll try to provide all the help I can to whoever takes over, but the
contiki and coco lists are the best places to get info. Other than for
coco gcc, but that's pretty straightforward.

Anyways, I hope to see someone pick this up, and I'm sorry I don't have
time to port it myself.

James

Adam Dunkels

Jun 18, 2003, 4:45:58 PM6/18/03
Hi James!

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 22:38, James Dessart wrote:
> I'm afraid I'm going to have to step down as the person porting Contiki to
> the Coco. My schedule just isn't allowing me any time to work on it, and
> as a result, it hasn't happened.

This is sad news, especially since you were very close to actually have
it up and running... :-( Will you also drop the gcc port?

Anyway, thank you for this time and your participation! Feel free to
come back to Contiki whenever you feel like it :-)

Cheers,

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <ad...@sics.se>
http://www.sics.se/~adam/

James Dessart

Jun 18, 2003, 6:06:35 PM6/18/03
On Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at 04:30 PM, Adam Dunkels wrote:

> This is sad news, especially since you were very close to actually have
> it up and running... :-( Will you also drop the gcc port?

Actually, for most purposes under the standard DOS on the CoCo, the gcc
port works fine. If anyone wants instructions on using it, I'm sure I
can find the time to help you get it set up.

James

Adam Dunkels

Jun 19, 2003, 1:50:20 AM6/19/03
Hi!

Cool, congratulations on gettin it working! I looked into porting gcc
once, and it seemed to be quite hard, so I am very impressed :-) So this
means that someone who would be intererested in picking up your Contiki
port would have a working C compiler! Thus it would be a matter of
implementing the four functions ctk_arch_keyavail(), ctk_arch_getkey(),
ctk_arch_draw_char() and time() to have a basic Contiki system up and
running.