Reg. order of citing author's name in a research paper

Vyshali Pingle

Nov 27, 2009, 5:05:17 AM11/27/09
to biote...@googlegroups.com
Hi people!

I needed details on order of writing author's name in a manuscript. Some say that it goes as 1st person wil hv maximum preference and like wise 2nd, 3rd n so on and some say the guide's name is given after the student's name ie at tha last and some even say 1st and last author gets the preference. Could anyone give more insight on this?

Thanking you,

Vyshali P

Asif Naqvi

Nov 27, 2009, 7:51:50 AM11/27/09
to biote...@googlegroups.com
Dear Vaishali,
The name of the first author should be written at first, followed by the names of co-authors. In extreme last there comes the name of senior author.
There is another name mentioned and e-mail is given called as the reference author.
--
Regards,

Asif

SYED ASIF HUSAIN NAQVI
Independent Researcher
Bioinformatics/Drug Discovery
India
contact...@gmail.com
+91-(962) 809-4292
Skype- contactme.asif
LIn- http://www.linkedin.com/in/syedasifhusainnaqvi
Group- http://groups.google.com/group/bioinfomatician

"Seeking opportunities to leverage scientific skills for avenues in drug discovery"

Harshal Darokar

Nov 27, 2009, 12:29:23 PM11/27/09
to biote...@googlegroups.com

Vyshali Pingle

Nov 28, 2009, 2:34:09 AM11/28/09
to biote...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for giving me a valuable piece of information on my last query about order of citing author's name in a Manuscript.

With the previous response im sure i wil get a lil help on another query regarding Genetic Engineering.

I am a reserach scholar in Bangalore, n I actually have identified a plasmid which has some property which can be used in bioremediation n that is conferred due to the expression of some protein which i havent identified. So i thought pure plasmid isolation and its sequencing would be an ideal method, but its costing me nearly 50,000 rupees for the complete process as charged by Chromos, Bangalore. Another alternative way i thought would be to go for its protein expression, ie running it on a 2 D gel isolate the protein n then go for sequencing. But even this costs me nothin less as enquired at Bangalore Genei. So if anyone cud help me out with this problem wud be a real noble deed for me.

Thanking you,

Vyshali P