Plz..clear my doubts

shanthi

Jan 4, 2010, 7:15:41 AM1/4/10
to BIOTECNIKA GLOBAL
hi all,

recently i have joined in a colllege for my ph.d, bt there are very
less equipments are there,

i have clear protocols for my research work....bt i need instruments
* is ther ny labs tht would lease their instruments for few days ?? on
payment mode..?
* is there any instruments tht can replace Mass.Spec to find out the
structure of protein...??
*is it possible to find out structure of protein through bioinformatic
tools

please kindly answer me
regards.......

Satya Swarup Samal

Jan 4, 2010, 7:37:03 AM1/4/10
to biote...@googlegroups.com
Dear Shanthi,

Bioinformatics has something called as homology modelling, where the structure of the protein can be predicted. Again there are some automated tools which give out a predicted structure and you need to manipulate it, and this requires some knowledge about the tools and about the biochemistry of the protein. But for a beginner its fine to use those automated tool, SWISS-MODEL is an example.
But the prediction is not 100 % accurate.

2010/1/4 shanthi <shanthi.pra...@gmail.com>

Best,
Satya S. Samal

surender raja

Jan 4, 2010, 7:50:13 AM1/4/10
to biote...@googlegroups.com
Hai,

I first of all appreciate your interest in the science but i want to say you one thing  you had to pay a lot of money for instruments and i want to ask you one question why you had joined such a college where is there is no equipment.

Bye

Preeti Satyawali

Jan 4, 2010, 8:14:28 AM1/4/10
to biote...@googlegroups.com
Hi shanthi...
     if u have the sequence of protein then u can do homology search by using BLAST .....  then taking the sequence which shows maximum similarity with your protein sequence, you can model the structure using modeller..................OR you can use swiss model to find out the structure......
  Regards
  Preeti

piyush kapopara

Jan 4, 2010, 8:20:21 AM1/4/10
to biote...@googlegroups.com
Hi santhi
u can get ur mas spect done in other institute around your area on paid basis.

regards
Piyush

jeyasree p

Jan 4, 2010, 11:58:34 PM1/4/10
to biote...@googlegroups.com
Ya, you can find out the structure of protein through bioinformatics tools. But if you are going for someother private or govt institution by paying money, they will not allow you to do by yourself.
Whatever your paying money, they wanted to save their instruments. Hence, they will do your work by their experts only.

        But, you can try in Coimbatore Agricultural University. You ask over phone and confirm.

Jeyasree.P

neelima daka

Jan 5, 2010, 12:33:41 AM1/5/10
to biote...@googlegroups.com
hello shanthi,
                      iam neelima.iam also doing ph.d.i think u have specific protocals then u r sir and do u r work in somewhere.try for this.if u want to do u r work then try for this.

senthil kumar

Jan 5, 2010, 4:04:44 AM1/5/10
to biote...@googlegroups.com

please tell your college name and place ?... then only .... i do my level best...

--
Ur's

S.Senthil Kumar M.Tech.,
Research Scholar
Department of Biotechnology
Anna University Tiruchirappalli
Tiruchirappalli - 620 024
Tamil Nadu
INDIA.

yuvarajaag

Jan 5, 2010, 8:03:08 PM1/5/10
to biote...@googlegroups.com
Can any in biotecnika clarify my doubt?Actually i got job as qc
manager in zankli hospital in nigeria,is that nice or not in nigeria?

Vikas Shinde

Jan 6, 2010, 12:08:51 AM1/6/10
to biote...@googlegroups.com
it is possible to find out structure of protein through bioinformatics
tools,bt these are only predictions

senthil kumar

Jan 6, 2010, 4:46:36 AM1/6/10
to biote...@googlegroups.com

ITS GOOD. DO WELL YOUR JOB AND TRY TO JOIN SOME SPECIALIZATION COURSE, LIKE CLINICAL TRIALS AND SO ON. iT WILL HELP FOR YOUR FUTURE.

sakshi gupta

Jan 27, 2010, 5:40:50 AM1/27/10
to biote...@googlegroups.com
Students from science background should join clinical research courses.this is really good for them..

all the best  :-)