Better Flickr 0.4 preview: Call for beta testers!

Gina Trapani

Sep 17, 2009, 6:28:12 PM9/17/09
to Better Webapps Firefox Extensions
After 14 months of no updates, I've finally taken out and dusted off
the poor, neglected Better Flickr Firefox add-on. Almost every single
script was outdated, and the Better backend code has changed quite a
bit in the past year, so this is a big upgrade. As such, I hoped we
could test it out before I submit it to Mozilla Add-ons.

If you have the time and inclination and you're a big Flickr user, a
preview of the new and improved version 0.4 can be found here:

https://secure.ginatrapani.org/workshop/firefox/betterflickr_0.4.xpi

I've overhauled the script names to be more descriptive, reorganized
the tabs, updated script source code to the latest versions, and added
version numbers as well. There's also a new Short Flic.kr URL script
(the impetus for this update), which gives you Twitter-friendly short
URLs on any photo page for easy tweeting or emailing.

Let me know if you have any other Flickr user scripts or styles you'd
like to see in this add-on, or if you run into any troubles testing
the preview.

Thanks for your time!
Gina

--
http://ginatrapani.org
http://twitter.com/ginatrapani

Dmitri Popov

Sep 20, 2009, 10:35:37 AM9/20/09
to Better Webapps Firefox Extensions
Hi Gina,

I've been using Better Flickr for a few days, and everything seems to
work just fine. Thank you for such a neat extension!

Kind regards,
Dmitri

shchow

Sep 22, 2009, 1:39:00 PM9/22/09
to Better Webapps Firefox Extensions
thank you very much.

i've been having problem with 0.3 for a very long while. finally, the
latest 0.4 is working for me again!

really appreciate your great efforts!!!

s.h.

Celeste

Oct 2, 2009, 4:29:41 PM10/2/09
to Better Webapps Firefox Extensions
It works great for me (Mac OS 10.5.8, PPC, Firefox 3.5.3). Thanks so
much for continuing to develop it — it's one of my fave add-ons!

Celeste Monsour
http://fandomania.com/

On Sep 17, 6:28 pm, Gina Trapani <ginatrap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After 14 months of no updates, I've finally taken out and dusted off
> the poor, neglected BetterFlickrFirefox add-on. Almost every single
> script was outdated, and the Better backend code has changed quite a
> bit in the past year, so this is a big upgrade. As such, I hoped we
> could test it out before I submit it to Mozilla Add-ons.
>
> If you have the time and inclination and you're a bigFlickruser, a
> preview of the new and improved version 0.4 can be found here:
>
> https://secure.ginatrapani.org/workshop/firefox/betterflickr_0.4.xpi
>
> I've overhauled the script names to be more descriptive, reorganized
> the tabs, updated script source code to the latest versions, and added
> version numbers as well. There's also a new Short Flic.kr URL script
> (the impetus for this update), which gives you Twitter-friendly short
> URLs on any photo page for easy tweeting or emailing.
>
> Let me know if you have any otherFlickruser scripts or styles you'd

webmastir

Nov 13, 2009, 10:04:47 AM11/13/09
to Better Webapps Firefox Extensions
Thanks for the add-on. It's come in very handy :)