where is kernel source within angstrom oe tree

saladino

Jun 17, 2010, 1:23:11 PM6/17/10
to Beagle Board
I had been using angstrom oe kernel 2.6.29-r50 and was able to browse
the kernel source at oe/tmp/work/beagleboard-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/
linux-omap-2.6.29-r50/git.

I recently upgraded to angstrom oe v32 (using the build scripts). I
have not been able to locate the kernel source within the angstrom
tree.

Anyone know where it is located?

Thanks.

Frans Meulenbroeks

Jun 18, 2010, 2:42:52 AM6/18/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
2010/6/17 saladino <s_a_...@tokyo.com>:

you need to build it first
bitbake virtual/kernel
then it will end up in emp/work/beagleboard-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-omap*

FM

saladino

Jun 21, 2010, 4:27:57 PM6/21/10
to Beagle Board
When I used 2.6.29, all I did was "bitbake console-image" and I would
find the kernel source in "oe/tmp/work/beagleboard-angstrom-linux-
gnueabi/linux-omap-2.6.29-r50/git". I went ahead a rebuilt the kernel
using "bitbake virtual/kernel" as suggested. It built successfully but
the source is still not found. The built images are located in build/
tmp-angstrom_2008_1/deploy/glibc/images/beagleboard/ as expected but
no source. I am looking for the source in "build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/
work/beagleboard-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-omap*".

Is the source supposed to be there? Anyone know where it is located?

Thanks.

On Jun 18, 2:42 am, Frans Meulenbroeks <fransmeulenbro...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> 2010/6/17 saladino <s_a_l_...@tokyo.com>:
>
> > I had been usingangstromoe kernel 2.6.29-r50 and was able to browse
> > the kernelsourceat oe/tmp/work/beagleboard-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/
> > linux-omap-2.6.29-r50/git.
>
> > I recently upgraded toangstromoe v32 (using the build scripts).  I

Frans Meulenbroeks

Jun 21, 2010, 4:36:28 PM6/21/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
2010/6/21 saladino <s_a_...@tokyo.com>:

> When I used 2.6.29, all I did was "bitbake console-image" and I would
> find the kernel source in "oe/tmp/work/beagleboard-angstrom-linux-
> gnueabi/linux-omap-2.6.29-r50/git".  I went ahead a rebuilt the kernel
> using "bitbake virtual/kernel" as suggested. It built successfully but
> the source is still not found.  The built images are located in build/
> tmp-angstrom_2008_1/deploy/glibc/images/beagleboard/ as expected but
> no source. I am looking for the source in "build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/
> work/beagleboard-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-omap*".

It should be in tmp-angstrom_2008_1/work/beagleboard-linux/linux* (or
something like that).
If your work directory is empty there is a setting to make that it is
not deleted. not sure exactly how to do so.

Frans

PS: and please do not top post

> Is the source supposed to be there?  Anyone know where it is located?
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Jun 18, 2:42 am, Frans Meulenbroeks <fransmeulenbro...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> 2010/6/17 saladino <s_a_l_...@tokyo.com>:
>>
>> > I had been usingangstromoe kernel 2.6.29-r50 and was able to browse
>> > the kernelsourceat oe/tmp/work/beagleboard-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/
>> > linux-omap-2.6.29-r50/git.
>>
>> > I recently upgraded toangstromoe v32 (using the build scripts).  I
>> > have not been able to locate the kernelsourcewithin theangstrom
>> > tree.
>>
>> > Anyone know where it is located?
>>
>> you need to build it first
>> bitbake virtual/kernel
>> then it will end up in emp/work/beagleboard-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-omap*
>>
>> FM

saladino

Jun 21, 2010, 4:46:13 PM6/21/10
to Beagle Board
On Jun 21, 4:36 pm, Frans Meulenbroeks <fransmeulenbro...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> 2010/6/21 saladino <s_a_l_...@tokyo.com>:
Sorry about top posting. I was just hitting reply and typing without
paying attention to where the cursor was.

My "tmp-angstrom_2008_1/work/beagleboard-linux/linux*" folder just has
a "temp" folder in it. And the temp folder has a bunch of log.* and
run.* files.

Anyone know how to set it up to not empty the folder?

Thanks,
Saladino.

emeb

Jun 21, 2010, 8:23:29 PM6/21/10