Ubuntu 9.10 anyone?

Melchi Salins

Aug 26, 2009, 9:39:16 AM8/26/09
to discu...@beagleboard.org
I was planning to but a beagleboard and get ubuntu running on it... has anyone over here got ubuntu 9.10 or anyother earlier version of it running on their boards?? is there something i need to look out for? which Rev should i go with? is Rev C good i herd it has some problems with the USB board..

Robert Nelson

Aug 26, 2009, 9:42:16 AM8/26/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

works just fine: http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu

Rev B's are no longer produced, Rev C3 is the current shipping version.

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/

Ihar Hrachyshka

Aug 26, 2009, 9:51:47 AM8/26/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
There is no Ubuntu 9.10 release yet.

Radha Krishna Srimanthula

Aug 26, 2009, 10:14:08 AM8/26/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Robert Nelson's efforts, I have Ubuntu 9.04 running very fine on my Beagle revC. Wireless works like a charm (I've had a horrible fighting time fixing wireless issues on Angstrom). Most of the applications that I use work pretty fine - I've had trouble rebuilding them for Angstrom.

What I wish would be working (its only logical that these will be, very soon):

- media playout using the best of DSP provided by the board
- tvout on svideo

--
Regards,
Radha

Melchi Salins

Aug 27, 2009, 8:12:13 AM8/27/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
its not stable yet but u can download the alpha version its called karmic koala, Ihar