good html css list

23 views
Skip to first unread message

Jim Sheffer

unread,
Feb 6, 2011, 9:58:37 AM2/6/11
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone-

Not wanting to clutter this list with "off topic" posts, does anyone know of a good html/css mailing list for designers/developers?

I've been recently looking into some of the css "grid" systems and had a few questions...

Thanks!

James Sheffer,

The HigherPowered Team!

sup...@higherpowered.com sa...@higherpowered.com
Web Design & Development http://www.higherpowered.com
phone: 469-256-0268
"We help businesses succeed on the web!"
-------------------------------------------

Robert A. Rosenberg

unread,
Feb 6, 2011, 4:05:43 PM2/6/11
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
At 08:58 -0600 on 02/06/2011, Jim Sheffer wrote about good html css list:

>Hey everyone-
>
>Not wanting to clutter this list with "off topic" posts, does anyone
>know of a good html/css mailing list for designers/developers?
>
>I've been recently looking into some of the css "grid" systems and
>had a few questions...
>
>Thanks!
>
>James Sheffer,


For general Web Design (HTML) try:

List-Subscribe: <http://lists.hesketh.com/mailman/listinfo/list>,
<mailto:list-r...@webdesign-l.com?subject=subscribe>


As to CSS try:

List-Subscribe: <http://lists.css-discuss.org/mailman/listinfo/css-d>,
<mailto:css-d-...@lists.css-discuss.org?subject=subscribe>


To subscribe to either use the HTTP or MAILTO URLs above.

Steve Piercy

unread,
Feb 6, 2011, 5:04:44 PM2/6/11
to BBEdit Talk
On Feb 6, 6:58 am, Jim Sheffer <j...@higherpowered.com> wrote:
> Not wanting to clutter this list with "off topic" posts, does anyone know of a good  html/css mailing list for designers/developers?
>
> I've been recently looking into some of the css "grid" systems and had a few questions...

Usually the best source is the author of the system.

My favorite:
http://www.1kbgrid.com/

Second favorite:
http://960.gs/

And I always use a reset. Eric Meyer recently updated his for HTML5:
http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/css/reset/

I found the other systems, like YUI and YAML, to be too heavy and they
take a while to fully comprehend to take full advantage of them.
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/
http://www.yaml.de/en/

--steve

Jim Sheffer

unread,
Feb 12, 2011, 11:35:33 AM2/12/11
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Steve & Robert!

I'll check these out!

funny, I had a big fight with the reset for 960 grid and although it was winning, I killed it in the end. Perhaps I should reconsider :-)

James

> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> "BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
> To post to this group, send email to bbe...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> bbedit+un...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> <http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
> If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem,
> please email "sup...@barebones.com" rather than posting to the group.
> Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages