Cartographer in a new Avatar! , now supports Google Maps 3 & Rails 3

Abhishek Parolkar

Jan 10, 2011, 2:41:36 AM1/10/11
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
Cartographer is a Google Maps wrapper that was originally written
in 2005 when Rails tagged 0.1. For many years people used it to
painlessly generate maps. The plugin was left orphan with no support
for future google map's api releases. Hence the legacy apps couldnt
migrate to Google Maps v3 easily. But this is no longer true!

I have brought cartographer codebase back to life for providing drop-
in replacement for google maps v3 and support for rails 3.

It is now well-covered with tests to ensure backward compatibility of
the older API.

Check that out : http://github.com/parolkar/cartographer

Anybody who has apps using order versions of cartographer? This is
useful for you, I am doing a performance benchmark and need to hear
your experiences, contact me off the thread.

---
write good code, be humble and live a great life :)
Abhishek Parolkar - http://github.com/parolkar

Satish N Kota

Jan 10, 2011, 3:40:09 AM1/10/11
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Abhishek...

Thanks and Regards
Satish Kota
Managing Director, Heurion Consulting
Mobile: +91 98862 03255
Email: satis...@heurionconsulting.com
IM: kotasatish (Skype), heurionconsulting (GTalk / Yahoo)
Linked In: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/satishkota

rajesh

Jan 10, 2011, 12:57:12 PM1/10/11
to BANGALORE RUG-Ruby Users Group
Second that!

Rajesh

On Jan 10, 1:40 pm, "Satish N Kota" <satishk...@heurionconsulting.com>
wrote:
> Congrats Abhishek...
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Satish Kota
> Managing Director, Heurion Consulting
> Mobile: +91 98862 03255
> Email: satishk...@heurionconsulting.com

Srikanth Jeeva

Jan 11, 2011, 11:47:38 PM1/11/11
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
wow man.. This is awesome plugin.. Thanks for sharing..

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Abhishek Parolkar <abhishek...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello All,
 Cartographer is a Google Maps wrapper that was originally written in 2005 when Rails tagged 0.1.  For many years people used it to painlessly generate maps. The plugin was left orphan with no support for future google map's api releases. Hence the legacy apps couldnt  migrate to Google Maps v3 easily. But this is no longer true!

I have brought cartographer codebase back to life for providing drop-in replacement for google maps v3 and support for rails 3.

sharath chander punthambekar

Feb 10, 2011, 1:52:41 AM2/10/11
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Abhishek