Right Frame Size

Prashant Shenoi

Dec 8, 2010, 5:49:06 AM12/8/10
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi Guys

I intend to buy a road bike and have tentatively shortlisted the Trek 1.5. I want to know what will be the right frame size for me. I am 6'2" tall and am 90 Kgs in weight.

Of course the purchase will be after sale of my Rockrider 5.3. Anyone interested may please respond.

Regards,

Prashant

Sudhir P

Dec 8, 2010, 5:52:40 AM12/8/10
to Prashant Shenoi, Bangalore Bikers Club
The bike store guy should be a better judge....

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details

--
================================
Sudhir.P

I do not suffer from insanity......
I enjoy it!
================================

Opendro

Dec 8, 2010, 8:02:05 AM12/8/10
to Bangalore Bikers Club
http://www.trekbikes.com/faq/questions.php?questionid=63 gives you an
indicative figure of 56/58/60 sizes for your height. It should be
around that even if a bit of physical build type differs from one
person to another.

Rohan Kini

Dec 9, 2010, 12:06:07 PM12/9/10
to Prashant Shenoi, Bangalore Bikers Club
Prashant,

With a 6'2" frame and assuming you have normally long limbs, a 60-62cm frame is a close bet.
Other measurements (especially inseam) would be useful to figure out the correct frame size.

Dont think the Trek 1.5 is available in your frame size anyways.

Ask Sudhir about his bike hunt. If you are 6 feet and above its pretty hard getting a good road bike here !

~ROhan

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Prashant Shenoi <prashan...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sudhir P

Dec 9, 2010, 12:18:48 PM12/9/10
to Rohan Kini, Prashant Shenoi, Bangalore Bikers Club
a 60 cm frame might fit you..... I know a guy with a fuji who's 6'1" who has a 60 cm frame.... but, as rohan said, u'll need to know ur inseam to figure out the right frame size

I'm 6'6" and needed a 63 cm frame.... And you'll have to pay extra, or wait real long, or both....

But, if acc to ur inseam n stuff, a 58 cm frame will do, u wont need to suffer so much

Prashant Shenoi

Dec 9, 2010, 11:44:39 PM12/9/10
to Rohan Kini, Bangalore Bikers Club
Thanks Rohan,

What do you feel about the Merida Road 880-16, Merida Road Race 901-18 and the Giant Defy 2. Will I be able to get my sizes in these bikes?

I have also had a look at the Bianchi Aero Sport and kinda like it too. It is quite road focussed and quite light on the pocket. Will I get the right size in this bike?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Prashant