Remembering Chandrashekar

1 view

Amar Sharma

Oct 31, 2010, 4:06:44 AM10/31/10
to BAS
Hello All, Hope the old-timers remember (especially Hemanth, Pavan, Naveen, Akarsh, Rakesh, Sathya et al).

Its been nearly 2 years that BAS experienced one of it's most mournful moments. Still today, this brings tears in my eyes...

The untimely demise of not only one of it's most important council members, Chandrashekar R (for us lovingly Chandru) but a closest pal for many of us, when BAS was just growing. This fateful incident happened when out on a trekking expedition while crossing a river, on November 2, 2008. Just 2 days after his birthday, which is today, October 31!

A young man whose spirit and life lied in the glorious lap of Nature, who was not satiated until he conquered that mountain peak. We can only pray for his soul to rest in peace.

http://picasaweb.google.com/amar10sharma/DearChandru#

Always be with us. RIP mate. Thanks.

**************

Amar A. Sharma

sathya kumar prasanna

Oct 31, 2010, 6:40:29 AM10/31/10
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Many Happy return of the day Chandru.

In Remembrance
Sathya

News - http://www.bas.org.in/
Events - http://www.bas.org.in/Home/events_calendar
24X7 Chat on IRC - http://www.bas.org.in/Home/irc (#b-a-s on freenode)

venky

Nov 1, 2010, 8:19:16 AM11/1/10
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Chandru and Amar were with me in my car when we went to Elagiri during
one of the trip and we saw comet McNaught (was it!!!) through binocs
parking the car road side just around sun set time. It is very sad
loss for BAS. But memory lingers on.

Venkatesh.

On Oct 31, 3:40 pm, sathya kumar prasanna <skpsha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Many Happy return of the day Chandru.
>
> In Remembrance
> Sathya
>
> > Events -http://www.bas.org.in/Home/events_calendar

Amar Sharma

Nov 1, 2010, 10:23:16 AM11/1/10
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Venkatesh for raising this. Yes Chandru was there during our Yelagiri 2007 Jan trip. I have fuzzy memories of the first day...dont remember him being with us while we were about to ascend the mountain.

We both glimpsed an average view of the comet McNaught from ground level, while Hemanth, Akarsh, Pavan, (maybe Chandru) from the half-hill top, getting a better perspective (with 2-degree tail).

But as seen here below, he is present the second day @ Yelagiri:

http://picasaweb.google.com/amar10sharma/DearChandru#5534585677037098530

Amar A. Sharma