Tripod Handling

Ashish Potla

Jan 16, 2011, 10:55:51 PM1/16/11
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Hello Everyone,

Because of the low latitude of bangalore, the mount of my scope is in
such a way that the weights keep touching the tripod legs.

I was advised to do some tinkering such that the mount is fit in a 180
degree from the way it actually is right now. To do this I need
someone to chop off the triangular projection on the top of the tripod
head(into which the mount fits in) and refit it on the opposite side
of the tripod head.

Can someone suggest where this can be done or how?

Thanks,
-Ashish Potla

keerthi kiran

Jan 16, 2011, 11:00:04 PM1/16/11
to b-...@googlegroups.com
You can get this type of mount done.
http://stargazerslounge.com/attachments/members-equipment-gallery/28881d1257241031-mobile-pier-mount-adaption-scope-st80-2-sml.jpg
There are people who do this in Bangalore and it will not cost much (around 3k i guess).

Regards,
Keerthi.

News - http://www.bas.org.in/
Events - http://www.bas.org.in/Home/events_calendar
24X7
Chat on IRC - http://www.bas.org.in/Home/irc (#b-a-s on freenode)

drsure...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2011, 10:59:54 PM1/16/11
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Send me a pic for me to get an idea .
Suresh

Bharadwaj, Madhu S (GE Energy)

Jan 17, 2011, 12:02:21 AM1/17/11
to b-...@googlegroups.com
This is the most common problem. Take it to any workshop and get it
done. I would suggest you to personally guide. It is a very simple job.
Just cut the triangular projection at the base with a hacksaw, drill a
threaded hole in triangular projection and a through hole in tripod
head, use a small screw to fasten them. Look at the pic of my tripod.
That's what I did.

http://picasaweb.google.com/madhubharadwajs/MyTelescopeAccessory#5553154
476363264162

Ashish Potla

Jan 17, 2011, 2:04:40 PM1/17/11
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Thanks.

Which place did you get this done?

-Ashish

On Jan 17, 10:02 am, "Bharadwaj, Madhu S (GE Energy)"