Heads Up: George Lucas on 60 Minutes

Chasing Kate

Mar 19, 2005, 6:12:03 AM3/19/05
Tomorrow night 7:30 on channel 9

George does a promotional interview for his latest
in the new SW films... Ooooh more secrets revealed....

What a pity the last two films were nowhere near a patch on
the original trilogy?

Howcome he never saw fit to use the original writers from the
original trilogy?

Chris Cox

Mar 19, 2005, 9:47:00 AM3/19/05
"Chasing Kate" <sittingi...@internode.on.net> wrote in message

Ummmm...he did. Himself.

Jezza

Mar 19, 2005, 11:05:37 AM3/19/05

"Chris Cox" <cj...@ohyeahbaby.spam.optushome.com.au> wrote in message

George Lucas wrote ANH himself, but TESB was co-written with Leigh Brackett
and Lawrence Kasdan and ROTJ was also co-written with Kasdan.

in...@haffnerpress.com

Mar 19, 2005, 7:00:18 PM3/19/05
FWIW, Leigh Brackett turned in the first draft of TESB (her cover page
reads: STAR WARS SEQUEL) in February of 1978 before dying of cancer
weeks later on March 24th.

While she wrote her script from story notes and telephone interviews
with Lucas, none (I repeat NONE!) of her contributions were utilized in
subsequent drafts or the final script. I've read her script and
although I'm a big Brackett fan (in 2002 I published a 500-page book of
her earliest stories), her screenplay is pretty bad.

Lucas enjoyed working with Brackett and wanted her name on the film and
he ensured that her estate would benefit from the finished product.
I've read a letter written by Richard C. Jones, then-attorney for
Brackett's estate and he is effusive on how above-board and reputable
Lucas is.

Grist for the mill,

Stephen Haffner
Big Poobah
HAFFNER PRESS

Chasing Kate

Mar 19, 2005, 8:37:50 PM3/19/05
Jezza wrote:

OH Didn't know all that thankyou

Ar9

Mar 20, 2005, 7:49:10 AM3/20/05

I didn't watch this tonight to avoid spoilers and any clips from the
new movie. Did anybody watch it?

--
Ar9

Jezza

Mar 20, 2005, 8:30:06 AM3/20/05

"Ar9" <Ar9.1...@no-mx.forums.eyo.com.au> wrote in message

Yep!

Highlandish

Mar 20, 2005, 3:22:07 PM3/20/05
Quoth The Raven "Ar9"<Ar9.1...@no-mx.forums.eyo.com.au> in
Ar9.1...@no-mx.forums.eyo.com.au

was good, but I was disappointed that Lucas said he has worked so hard all
his life that he can now sit back and make failures and he doesn't care.

--
Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

John Constantine

Mar 20, 2005, 6:21:03 PM3/20/05
Ar9 wrote:

> I didn't watch this tonight to avoid spoilers and any clips from the new movie. Did anybody watch it?

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

Darth Sidious eventually becomes Emperor Palpatine, Anakin and Amidala
have two kids, Anakin turns to the Dark Side and basically becomes
Palpatine's right-hand man and they rule the galaxy with an iron fist.

Much later, Anakin's son joins some kind of rebelion or something, but
that's another story...

zaphy

Mar 20, 2005, 6:43:40 PM3/20/05
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:49:10 +1100, Ar9
<Ar9.1...@no-mx.forums.eyo.com.au> unleashed:

>I didn't watch this tonight to avoid spoilers and any clips from the
>new movie. Did anybody watch it?

Spoilers - Anakin turns to the dark side..

--
zaphy

Koenig

Mar 20, 2005, 7:39:21 PM3/20/05

> was good, but I was disappointed that Lucas said he has worked so hard all
> his life that he can now sit back and make failures and he doesn't care.

And that quote in context was actually his belief that he has earned the
right to make films that will be failures "in comparison with the Star Wars
blockbusters" ie. small independent films.

Jezza

Mar 20, 2005, 8:50:19 PM3/20/05

"Koenig" <trevor...@aanet.com.ayyou> wrote in message

The story was mainly about George Lucas, his personal life, his future and
the techniques used by IL&M to make it all come together, very little on
SW:ROTS except for............

SPACE---------------------------------------------------------------------------

...saying that there was one big twist to come in this episode, it's much
darker than previous movies and that the movie basically ends in Hell (some
planet where it's basically all erupting volcanos and lava...

Chasing Kate

Mar 20, 2005, 8:39:03 PM3/20/05
John Constantine wrote:

> Ar9 wrote:
>
> > I didn't watch this tonight to avoid spoilers and any clips from the new movie. Did anybody watch it?
>
> SPOILER SPACE
>
> SPOILER SPACE
>
> SPOILER SPACE
>
> SPOILER SPACE
>
> SPOILER SPACE
>
> SPOILER SPACE
>
> Darth Sidious eventually becomes Emperor Palpatine, Anakin and Amidala
> have two kids, Anakin turns to the Dark Side and basically becomes
> Palpatine's right-hand man and they rule the galaxy with an iron fist.

So who was the guy in the senate in TPM?????
I always thought he was Palpatine?
In fact they even called him Senator Palpatine....

So how can Palpatine be Darth Siddious?

Cackling Pipes

Mar 20, 2005, 9:10:53 PM3/20/05

Chasing Kate wrote:

> John Constantine wrote:
>

>>Ar9 wrote:
>>

>>>I didn't watch this tonight to avoid spoilers and any clips from the new movie. Did anybody watch it?
>>
>>SPOILER SPACE
>>
>>SPOILER SPACE
>>
>>SPOILER SPACE
>>
>>SPOILER SPACE
>>
>>SPOILER SPACE
>>
>>SPOILER SPACE
>>
>>Darth Sidious eventually becomes Emperor Palpatine, Anakin and Amidala
>>have two kids, Anakin turns to the Dark Side and basically becomes
>>Palpatine's right-hand man and they rule the galaxy with an iron fist.
>

> So who was the guy in the senate in TPM?????
> I always thought he was Palpatine?
> In fact they even called him Senator Palpatine....
>
> So how can Palpatine be Darth Siddious?

How can Anakin Skywalker be Darth Vader?

Chasing Kate

Mar 20, 2005, 9:15:39 PM3/20/05
Jezza wrote:

Is this the planet Stygia????

I mean they must get Stygian crystals from somewhere. That's what
powers the weapons in Darth Maul's ship in TPM

And saying something is Stygian is also a hell reference

Koenig

Mar 20, 2005, 9:41:03 PM3/20/05

"Chasing Kate" <sittingi...@internode.on.net> wrote in message

This wasn't mentioned in the film itself though was it? Its just another
reference dreamed up by fans intent on identifying and providing pages of
back story for aliens and machinery on screen for approximately 2.3 seconds.

DeFett

Mar 20, 2005, 9:57:55 PM3/20/05
What was with the fan art picture at the introduction of the segment,
it was awful ...Did 60 minutes really think that was a real Ep3 image?

Chasing Kate

Mar 21, 2005, 4:19:12 AM3/21/05
Koenig wrote:

Well that info came from a Cross Section book which was printed
based on blueprints from one of the creators of the ships in TPM so
it wasn't a fan based idea..

Highlandish

Mar 21, 2005, 1:20:16 AM3/21/05
Quoth The Raven "John Constantine"<jconst...@vatican.va> in
zzn%d.5306$C7....@news-server.bigpond.net.au

bit late for spoiler space, we knew this in 1976

--
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power. - (Abraham Lincoln)

Highlandish

Mar 21, 2005, 1:20:58 AM3/21/05
Quoth The Raven "zaphy"<toddms...@iprimus.com.au> in
pk2s319jtc6inltib...@4ax.com

thats it, i cant watch it now....
--
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate. -
Steve Wright

Highlandish

Mar 21, 2005, 1:23:48 AM3/21/05
Quoth The Raven "Koenig"<trevor...@aanet.com.ayyou> in
ZIo%d.432$Zn.2...@news.optus.net.au

hmmm

typewriters, and Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare. - Blair Houghton.

Who_tat_me

Mar 21, 2005, 4:58:10 PM3/21/05

"Highlandish" <ckreskay...@dodo.com.au> wrote in message

> Quoth The Raven "John Constantine"<jconst...@vatican.va> in
> zzn%d.5306$C7....@news-server.bigpond.net.au
>> Ar9 wrote:
>>
>>> I didn't watch this tonight to avoid spoilers and any clips from the
>>> new movie. Did anybody watch it?
>>

>> SPOILER SPACE
>>

>> SPOILER SPACE
>>

>> SPOILER SPACE
>>

>> SPOILER SPACE
>>

>> SPOILER SPACE
>>

>> SPOILER SPACE
>>

>> Darth Sidious eventually becomes Emperor Palpatine, Anakin and Amidala
>> have two kids, Anakin turns to the Dark Side and basically becomes
>> Palpatine's right-hand man and they rule the galaxy with an iron fist.
>>
>> Much later, Anakin's son joins some kind of rebelion or something, but
>> that's another story...
>
> bit late for spoiler space, we knew this in 1976

We did? Did you have some insight that nobody else did?

Koenig

Mar 21, 2005, 6:02:15 PM3/21/05

"Chasing Kate" <sittingi...@internode.on.net> wrote in message

As close to fan-wank as to make no difference then.

Koenig

Mar 21, 2005, 6:03:32 PM3/21/05

"Highlandish" <ckreskay...@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> Quoth The Raven "John Constantine"<jconst...@vatican.va> in
> zzn%d.5306$C7....@news-server.bigpond.net.au
> > Ar9 wrote:
> >
> >> I didn't watch this tonight to avoid spoilers and any clips from the
> >> new movie. Did anybody watch it?
> >

> > SPOILER SPACE
> >

> > SPOILER SPACE
> >

> > SPOILER SPACE
> >

> > SPOILER SPACE
> >

> > SPOILER SPACE
> >

> > SPOILER SPACE
> >

> > Darth Sidious eventually becomes Emperor Palpatine, Anakin and Amidala
> > have two kids, Anakin turns to the Dark Side and basically becomes
> > Palpatine's right-hand man and they rule the galaxy with an iron fist.
> >
> > Much later, Anakin's son joins some kind of rebelion or something, but
> > that's another story...
>
> bit late for spoiler space, we knew this in 1976

You knew about Sidious and Amidala in 1976? wow.

DeFett

Mar 21, 2005, 7:05:50 PM3/21/05
The plant is called Mustafar.

If you want to spoil yourself sill check this out:

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5310861#post5310861

Chasing Kate

Mar 21, 2005, 10:00:24 PM3/21/05
DeFett wrote:

Ta thanks I don't know why that name came up
but it just seemed the right name for a hellish planet

imorf

Mar 22, 2005, 11:00:23 PM3/22/05
Darkfalz wrote:
> A score of us gave chase but it fled into the Stygian Abyss with poor
> Arial.

did you ever play Ultima IV?

Darkfalz

Mar 22, 2005, 6:35:31 AM3/22/05