Head & Shoulders ad and the "Australian Hair & Scalp Foundation"

Mr E.

Dec 9, 2007, 12:47:38 AM12/9/07
Should we believe the makers of Head & Shoulders that
something called the Australian Hair & Scalp Foundation
actually exists? Google doesn't seem to think so.

Mr E.

Big LN

Dec 9, 2007, 1:00:30 AM12/9/07
"Mr E." <mre_n...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Should we believe the makers of Head & Shoulders that
> something called the Australian Hair & Scalp Foundation
> actually exists? Google doesn't seem to think so.

Yes, we should. The Australian Hair and Scalp Foundation Pty Ltd was first
registered on Monday, 25th November 2005. Do a search on their ACN (117 215
997) or their ABN (61 117 215 997). My Google search had no problem finding
them. Perhaps you sould do a computer course or something?

'Onya

Wayne

Dec 9, 2007, 5:08:26 AM12/9/07

Spankalogical Protocol

Dec 9, 2007, 7:45:00 AM12/9/07

"Mr E." <mre_n...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

You'll find it opposite the Ponds Institute ;)

John

Dec 9, 2007, 9:09:54 PM12/9/07

"Spankalogical Protocol" <sp...@logical.com> wrote in message

Both major consumers of both pristine white labcoats and clipboards.
Female scientists are required to wear feminine but severe glasses.

David Springthorpe

Dec 9, 2007, 9:40:56 PM12/9/07
On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 13:09:54 +1100, "John" <jo...@junk.com> wrote:

>Both major consumers of both pristine white labcoats and clipboards.

Now that AFL goal umpires seem to have forsaken the former.....

>Female scientists are required to wear feminine but severe glasses.

And "sensible shoes".....

Message has been deleted

Zapkvr

Dec 10, 2007, 12:35:26 AM12/10/07
On Dec 9, 9:08 pm, Wayne <use...@isp.com> wrote:
> Big LN wrote:
> > "Mr E." <mre_nos...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

And are the directors in any way associated with the local managemtn
of Proctor and Gamble?

David Springthorpe

Dec 10, 2007, 12:57:44 AM12/10/07
On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 05:02:07 GMT, Craig Welch <cr...@pacific.net.sg> wrote:

>>And "sensible shoes".....
>
>Even though we only see them in head and shoulders shots ...

Allow me my fantasy.....

nick...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2007, 7:26:35 PM12/29/07
On Dec 9, 3:00 pm, "Big LN" <Big...@this.ng> wrote:
> "Mr E." <mre_nos...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

That's all it is though, an ABN. It would have no employees, no
cashflow, no office, no phone number - just a name and ABN. What a joke

Message has been deleted

Big LN

Dec 30, 2007, 5:29:44 PM12/30/07
<nick...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Proof?

'Onya

drift...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2008, 4:55:48 AM1/2/08
On Dec 10 2007, 1:40 pm, David Springthorpe
<david.springtho...@idx.com.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 13:09:54 +1100, "John" <j...@junk.com> wrote:
> >Both major consumers of both pristine white labcoats and clipboards.
>
> Now that AFL goal umpires seem to have forsaken the former.....
>
> >Female scientists are required to wear feminine but severe glasses.
>
> And "sensible shoes".....

I can't seem to find their website 'australian hair and scalp
foundation' and I spend a lot of time googling. No I don't need to do
a computer course either as I have an IT degree. Maybe it a question
for consumer affairs?

Message has been deleted

badmag...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2008, 7:22:21 AM1/3/08
On Dec 9 2007, 5:00 pm, "Big LN" <Big...@this.ng> wrote:
> "Mr E." <mre_nos...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Perhaps you should do a course on manners or something!

abdo...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2008, 5:17:47 PM1/3/08
On Dec 9 2007, 5:00 pm, "Big LN" <Big...@this.ng> wrote:
> "Mr E." <mre_nos...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

do you by chance, happen to work for Head and Shoulders?
Nothing comes up when I google search, the first link is this one!
Unless you can prove otherwise, we should assume that the "Hair &
Scalp Foundation" is a shelf company set up by Head & Shoulders.

Big LN

Jan 4, 2008, 2:32:44 AM1/4/08
<abdo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>do you by chance, happen to work for Head and Shoulders?
>Nothing comes up when I google search, the first link is this one!
>Unless you can prove otherwise, we should assume that the "Hair &
>Scalp Foundation" is a shelf company set up by Head & Shoulders.

Hi Newbie. Welcome to aus.tv.

You're not going to believe this, but you have something in common with
aus.tv's latest three new posters.
Get this - You're all using throw-away gmail email acounts to post through
Google via proxy servers.
And, believe it or not, you've all posted only one post ever.
Even more of a co-incidence is that you've all posted your one similar
message to the same thread sprouting the same story that Mr E sprouted.
Amazing!

Now, if you want to be taken seriously, stick your mitts in your wallet and
purchase an official list of the company's directors, employees, addresses
etc. Do the same for the other company then compare the lists. Should cost
you around about $60-70 all up.

Let us know what you find out.

'Onya

Mr Squiggle

Jan 4, 2008, 11:38:51 PM1/4/08

I noticed this as well. I doubt it exists.

Big LN

Jan 4, 2008, 11:52:58 PM1/4/08
"Mr Squiggle" <Michael....@gmail.com> wrote in message

That goes against what you've said under your previous four aliases in this
thread. Then you agreed it existed but was likely part of, or connected to,
the other company.

Like I said yesterday, if you want to be taken seriously, stick your mitts

in your wallet and purchase an official list of the company's directors,
employees, addresses etc. Do the same for the other company then compare the
lists. Should cost you around about $60-70 all up.

Let us know what you find out.

(And fix your software. Every time I reply to one of your aliases, The ">"s
don't show up and I have to manually type them in.) At least when that
happens, I know it's you :)

'Onya

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Big LN

Jan 6, 2008, 1:50:57 AM1/6/08
"Craig Welch" <cr...@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message

> "Big LN" <Big...@this.ng> said:
>
>>Like I said yesterday, if you want to be taken seriously, stick your mitts
>>in your wallet and purchase an official list of the company's directors,
>>employees, addresses etc. Do the same for the other company then compare
>>the
>>lists. Should cost you around about $60-70 all up.
>
> Where, prey tell, does one purchase an 'official list' of employees?
>
> --
> Craig http://www.wazu.jp/
> 1,239 Unicode fonts for 82 written language groups:
> Price your own web plan: http://www.wazu.jp/hosting/

Google is your friend.

'Onya

Message has been deleted

Big LN

Jan 6, 2008, 2:11:49 AM1/6/08

> Big LN wrote:
>> "Craig Welch" <cr...@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message

>>> Where, prey tell, does one purchase an 'official list' of employees?
>
>> Google is your friend.
>
> Right. You don't know.
>
> No problem.

Sigh.... Try any of the 10 ASIC Information Brokers listed on the bottom of
their extract for the Australian Hair and Scalp Foundation Pty Ltd's
extract.

http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=117215997&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1

Obviously you won't get all employee records, just those who are directors,
shareholders, etc. which in this case may be all of them. Cost is generally
about $30.

'Onya

Message has been deleted

Big LN

Jan 7, 2008, 1:00:17 AM1/7/08

> Big LN wrote:

>>> Right. You don't know.
>>>
>>> No problem.
>>
>> Sigh.... Try any of the 10 ASIC Information Brokers listed on the bottom
>> of their extract for the Australian Hair and Scalp Foundation Pty Ltd's
>> extract.
>>
>> http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=117215997&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1
>
> Sigh ... I'm well aware of that list. My last transaction was with Natdata
> on 19th December for a Company Extract - $29.70.

Well if you were fucking aware of it, then why ask the question, you
dickhead?

>> Obviously you won't get all employee records, just those who are
>> directors, shareholders, etc. which in this case may be all of them. Cost
>> is generally about $30.
>

> Oh, now it's 'obvious' that you can't get employee records. Your reply
> 'google is your friend' was in response to my *specific* question: 'Where,
> prey tell, does one purchase an 'official list' of employees?'

FOAD. You asked a stupid question and you got an intelligent response.
Fucking grow up, you moron.

> Do read ane answer more carefully next time, there's a good chap.

WTF does "ane" mean? Piss off and don't come back until you learn how to
spell correctly - there's a good chap.

No onyas for time-wasting fuckwits.

<PLONK>

Message has been deleted

Big LN

Jan 7, 2008, 2:30:40 AM1/7/08

> It's the other way around. The lack of intelligence was there from the
> beginning, in suggesting that lists of employees are public domain
> information.

Information regarding employees who are shareholders, directors etc. ARE
available to the public for a fee. As you well know. Do you agree or not?

> Your credibility in this unfortunate thread is about the same as indicated
> by your gross error in another about the validity of a pilot's licence.

In the other thread I said that the use of your pilots licence is subject to
two conditions which is a FACT of law.

Now be a nice chap and annoy someone else. Unless you have something
INTELLIGENT to say about the subject of this thread. Your apology is
accepted in advance. Dismissed.

'Onya

Message has been deleted

Big LN

Jan 7, 2008, 3:50:36 PM1/7/08

> Big LN wrote:
>
>>> It's the other way around. The lack of intelligence was there from the
>>> beginning, in suggesting that lists of employees are public domain
>>> information.
>>
>> Information regarding employees who are shareholders, directors etc. ARE
>> available to the public for a fee. As you well know. Do you agree or not?
>
> No. Directors are employees in any case (according to the ATO) but there
> is no way of knowing if a shareholder is an employee.
>
> In any case, your advice was clearly intended to imply that you could
> obtain a list of *all* employees, which you can't.
>
> It's OK. You made a mistake. We all do that sometimes.

You made the mistake by assuming employees meant "all employees". I'm
surprised by your lack of comprehension skills. Or maybe you're just trying
to enhance your trolling skills. Either way, you're becoming a bore.

No onyas for bores.

Horry

Jan 7, 2008, 4:18:24 PM1/7/08

What, praycisely, IS an onya?

Duggy

Jan 7, 2008, 6:22:19 PM1/7/08

It's the excretion of a poisonous slug.

===
= DUG.
===

Big LN

Jan 8, 2008, 2:34:52 AM1/8/08
"Horry" <horace...@gmail.com> wrote in message

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=425021

'Onya

Big LN

Jan 8, 2008, 2:36:00 AM1/8/08
"Duggy" <Paul....@jcu.edu.au> wrote in message

Wrong. As usual. Comprehension sure isn't one of your strengths. Dismissed.

No onyas for morons.

Duggy

Jan 8, 2008, 2:57:43 AM1/8/08
On Jan 8, 5:36 pm, "Big LN" <Big...@this.ng> wrote:

> "Duggy" <Paul.Dug...@jcu.edu.au> wrote:
> >> What, praycisely, IS an onya?
> > It's the excretion of a poisonous slug.
> Wrong.

No, no. Some company's branding claims it, so it must be true. After
all, company branding is were all the besterest information comes
from.

===
= DUG.
===

Big LN

Jan 8, 2008, 3:07:03 AM1/8/08
"Duggy" <Paul....@jcu.edu.au> wrote in message

Proof?

'Onya

Message has been deleted

fish..

Jan 8, 2008, 6:09:38 PM1/8/08
In article <1eu7o353tk3nlih9c...@4ax.com>,
cr...@pacific.net.sg says...

> "Horry" <horace...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > What, praycisely, IS an onya?
>
> Irish singerette. Perhaps best known for "Orinoco Flow".

About a Womble's period.

Trevor Day

Jan 14, 2008, 5:13:10 AM1/14/08

I was watching TV tonight and saw this head and shoulders advert.
Curious, I googled this "Australian Hair & Scap Foundation". Nothing.
Eventaully I found this thread. And these entries by someone called
'Onya' who seems mainly to be interested in intimidating other users
into not asking questions about the valdity of the 'claim to authority'
implicit in the 'Head and Shoulders' advertisements. Well 'Onya', my
view is that 'scepticism rules'. It is not incumbent upon consumers to
be IT experts or anything more than moderately intelligent to question
the claims of a commercial entity such as the producers of "Head and
Shoulders". The fact that I cannot find any readily accesible
information on the internet concerning the "Australian Hair & Scap
Foundation" makes meet very suspicious indeed. And my claim to
authority? Modest I guess but you can find me at
http://www.newcastle.edu.au/school/biomedical-science/staff/TrevorDay.html

--
Trevor Day

Message has been deleted

Big LN

Jan 18, 2008, 8:45:02 PM1/18/08
"Trevor Day" <Trevor.D...@no-mx.phorums.com.au> wrote in message

G'day Trevor,
As previously explained, they are a legitimate registered company.
http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=117215997&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1
If you think that they may be part of the Head and Shoulders company then
simply look up more information about both companies by requesting further
company documentation from any of the 10 ASIC information brokers listed at
the bottom of the linked page above.
You seem to be saying the same thing as six other posters in this thread
who's headers trace back to the one individual. This fact, plus the fact
that you say you can't find any information when it has been explained over
and over again on how to obtain it, plus the fact that there is a certain
website that has been asking people to bombard newsgroups etc. with a
similar message, makes me very suspicious about your motives? Anyway, if
you're serious, then just fork out the $70 or so to obtain the reports then
come back here and tell us your findings. Now that you know how to prove
whether or not your allegations are true or false, just do it and stop
annoying this and other newsgroups. And do let us know your findings. Good
day to you.

'Onya

Message has been deleted

Big LN

Jan 18, 2008, 9:01:32 PM1/18/08
"Spot" <dave....@kelett.org.au> wrote in message
> "Big LN" <Big...@this.ng> wrote in message
> Hi Les. Happy New Year and all that. I'm surprised you didn't question
> the
> educated Professor on how such an educated man would refer to your posts
> as being written by someone named 'Onya when your name clearly shows up
> in the From field. I believe you've been trolled.

Yeah, probably. LOL. I forgot it was school holidays.

'Onya

Message has been deleted

Big LN

Jan 18, 2008, 9:37:05 PM1/18/08

> "Big LN" <Big...@this.ng> said:
>
>>G'day Trevor,
>>As previously explained, they are a legitimate registered company.
>>http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=117215997&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1
>>If you think that they may be part of the Head and Shoulders company then
>>simply look up more information about both companies by requesting further
>>company documentation from any of the 10 ASIC information brokers listed
>>at
>>the bottom of the linked page above.
>
> Oh, Big forgot to suggest that you ask for a list of employees in
> your quest for information.

Any directors or shareholders who are employees will obviously have their
information available in such lists. Compare the two companys' information
and report back here. There's a good boy. Have a biscuit.

'Onya

Darkfalz

Jan 18, 2008, 11:11:02 PM1/18/08
On Dec 9 2007, 4:47 pm, mre_nos...@hotmail.com (Mr E.) wrote:
> Should we believe the makers of Head & Shoulders that
> something called the Australian Hair & Scalp Foundation
> actually exists? Google doesn't seem to think so.
>
> Mr E.

I have been using Palmolive Naturals dandruff relief and it's pretty
much got rid of my dandruff.

Message has been deleted

Vote out Brendan Nelson

Jan 19, 2008, 2:09:59 AM1/19/08
ArseMonkey wrote:
> "Darkfalz" <darkf...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6f3b02ff-b0cb-4c10...@i3g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
> Keep your fucking SPAM out of this newsgroup.
>
> --
> http://improve-usenet.org/filters_ex1.html
>
> [aus.groups]
> Score:: =-9999
> Message -ID: googlegroups
So any5thing they(Head & shoulders) you can take with a grain of salt

Big LN

Jan 19, 2008, 2:41:12 AM1/19/08
"Vote out Brendan Nelson" <vo...@out.com> wrote in message

LOL. Ol' Roger (http://valuesaustralia.com/blog/?p=399) has FINALLY decided
to look up ASIC and now realises that they are a legitimate business. FFS,
just how slow are this mob? Maybe one day one of these dudes will even
compare the list of directors from both companys and post the results here.
Or contact TT or ACA who will do the work for them. Something that could
have done THREE months ago instead of bombarding this newsgroup with whinge
after whinge after whinge. <Yawn>

'Onya

Newcastle Quokka

Jan 19, 2008, 3:09:30 AM1/19/08
"Big LN" <Big...@this.ng> wrote in message news:fms9it$gh7$1...@registered.motzarella.org...

> LOL. Ol' Roger (http://valuesaustralia.com/blog/?p=399) has FINALLY decided
> to look up ASIC and now realises that they are a legitimate business. FFS,
> just how slow are this mob? Maybe one day one of these dudes will even
> compare the list of directors from both companys and post the results here.
> Or contact TT or ACA who will do the work for them. Something that could
> have done THREE months ago instead of bombarding this newsgroup with whinge
> after whinge after whinge. <Yawn>

ROFLMAO... The Australian Values website says that one of their aims is to give
people a fair go. Didn't see them giving the Australian Hair & Scalp Foundation
a fair go when they insisted (without any apparent thorough checking) that the
Foundation did not exist. Now that they've finally checked and found it to be a
real company, have we seen any retractions or apologies ??? No, not one.
How about following your motto and giving this Aussie company a FAIR GO !!!

--
Newcastle Quokka,
UlipoNet member since March 2006

Big LN

Jan 19, 2008, 6:14:34 AM1/19/08
"Newcastle Quokka" <N...@Ulipo.Net> wrote in message

> ROFLMAO... The Australian Values website says that one of their aims is to
> give
> people a fair go. Didn't see them giving the Australian Hair & Scalp
> Foundation
> a fair go when they insisted (without any apparent thorough checking) that
> the
> Foundation did not exist. Now that they've finally checked and found it
> to be a
> real company, have we seen any retractions or apologies ??? No, not one.
> How about following your motto and giving this Aussie company a FAIR GO
> !!!

Good point.

'Onya

Big LN

Jan 19, 2008, 6:57:43 AM1/19/08
Yo. Just had an idea for all you AH&SF conspiracy theorists. If you really
think that Head & Shoulders are doing a "dodgy" then contact Today Tonight
to investigate them. Channel 7's current major sponsor during the tennis is
Garnier who make their own anti-dandruff product. Today Tonight would jump
at the chance to investigate one of their sponsor's competitors. You better
hurry though. Your window of opportunity closes in 8 days. Let us know how
ya go.

'Onya

Message has been deleted

Big LN

Feb 27, 2008, 3:46:15 PM2/27/08
> Anyone subscribe to Crikey?
>
> "Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo is endorsed by a body called
> the Australian Hair & Scalp Foundation. Who's behind the foundation?
> Market researcher Dr Stephen Downes investigates what turns out to
> be a very intriguing story."
>
> But I don't subscribe, so I haven't seen the story ...

Not a subscriber either. But I do know the sole shareholder of the
Australian Hair & Scalp Foundation is Professor Rodney Sinclair. He works
for St.Vincents Hospital here in Melbourne and is an associate professor at
Monash University's Department of Medicine and a Senior
Lecturer/Professor/Director in Dermatology at the University of Melbourne.
To keep him busy, he's also the Director of Research and Training at the
Skin and Cancer Foundation. He is often invited to give talks at relevant
conferences around the country and the world.

Prof Sinclair is also the co-author of the Dermatology section in the Oxford
Textbook of Medicine and the chapter on Hair Disorders in Rook's Textbook of
Dermatology. He is also Australia's representative on the HSF Medical &
Scientific Advisory Board who donate their time and expertise in support of
patients with Hidradenitis Suppurativa (follicular disease).

I wonder if those posters who doubted his existence will now apologise to
this great Australian.

'Onya

fish..

Feb 27, 2008, 10:05:46 PM2/27/08

> I wonder if those posters who doubted his existence will now apologise to
> this great Australian.
>
> 'Onya

Not until Craig's request is answered...

Big LN

Feb 27, 2008, 11:03:14 PM2/27/08

FFS, just read about them on their website (which all the morons in this thread
can't even Google properly): http://ahsf.com.au/index.htm

'Onya

fish..

Feb 28, 2008, 12:06:34 AM2/28/08
In article <47c63282$1...@x-privat.org>, Big...@this.ng says...

yeah good one, sort of like reading about how bad paedophilia is on the
NAMBLA website.

I'm looking for something slightly less biased...

Big LN

Feb 28, 2008, 12:31:28 AM2/28/08

Oh, a respected serious site like Crikey. OK, I just got my 3 week free trial
for Crikey. The article just says that the good Professor got his foundation
going after a donation by Procter & Gamble. He then asked if he could test
one of their products first. As a result Head & Shoulders passed his tests
and got his foundation's approval. The approval process is open to ANY hair
& scalp product to gain approval. Just because the foundation's initial backers
got their product approved first, all the conspiracy theory morons are jumping
up and down. FFS, if the product's good, it's going to be thoroghly tested
and approved as was the case here. Case dismissed. Now all you conspiracy theorists
can find another bandwagon to jump on. What a bunch of morons. The good professor
should be nominated for Australian Of The Year.

'Onya

fish..

Feb 28, 2008, 12:43:13 AM2/28/08
In article <47c64730$1...@x-privat.org>, Big...@this.ng says...

> fish.. <fish...@tanksville.com> wrote:

> >apologise

> >> FFS, just read about them on their website (which all the morons
> >in this thread
> >> can't even Google properly): http://ahsf.com.au/index.htm
> >>
> >> 'Onya
> >>

> >yeah good one, sort of like reading about how bad paedophilia is on
> >the
> >NAMBLA website.
> >
> >I'm looking for something slightly less biased...
>
> Oh, a respected serious site like Crikey. OK, I just got my 3 week free trial
> for Crikey.

....just for the Moron's of course... thanks Big LN.

Big LN

Feb 28, 2008, 2:16:24 AM2/28/08
"fish.." <fish...@tanksville.com> wrote in message
>.....just for the Moron's of course... thanks Big LN.

Yeah, you gotta shake your head at these conspiracy morons. What's
next? Will they start complaining about the "Olay Total Effects" ad which
cites the "Asia Pacific Centre for Skin Ageing" in support of its anti-ageing
claims? Just because Procter & Gamble also funded this centre which is also
run by the good Professor. Fair dinkum, the Prof. is so busy testing these
products, the morons should give him a break so he can do his job properly.
Well done Professor Sinclair. A fine outstanding Aussie working hard for the
dandruff riddled, aged skinned morons. And, btw, both of the good Professor's
organisations are not-for-profit organisations and are made up of not
just him, but other senior specialists in the respective fields. Take a bow,
Professor. Your Australian Of The Year award is not far away. Maybe Proctor &
Gamble should sponsor the award.

'Onya

Benson

Feb 28, 2008, 5:46:25 AM2/28/08

> Prof Sinclair is also the co-author of the Dermatology section in the
> Oxford Textbook of Medicine and the chapter on Hair Disorders in Rook's
> Textbook of Dermatology. He is also Australia's representative on the HSF
> Medical & Scientific Advisory Board who donate their time and expertise in
> support of patients with Hidradenitis Suppurativa (follicular disease).
>
> I wonder if those posters who doubted his existence will now apologise to
> this great Australian.

Which 'posters' are you talking about?

Big LN

Feb 28, 2008, 3:36:08 PM2/28/08
"Benson" <ben...@news.com> wrote in message

Those posters who, due to being Google-challenged, doubted the Australian
Hair & Scalp Foundation's existence. Once that was proven to them, they then
assumed it was being run by a Procter & Gamble employee. Wrong again. It was
being run by the good Professor, Prof.Sinclair, Australia's leading
researcher in this field. P&G donated some money to the Prof.s foundation to
get it up and running and in turn got the benefits of having their product
tested first. Luckily for them, it was a good product and got the Prof.'s
seal of approval. Sigh... If only the Google-challenged had tried a bit
harder they might've found the site that the rest of us easily found -
http://ahsf.com.au/index.htm

'Onya