Attention: aus.tv Moderators

Walter G.Encartmencia

Dec 28, 2005, 9:16:20 PM12/28/05
It has brought to my attention that you have all become out of control.

As the highest authority on Usenet, I hereby deliver STRIKE ONE to the
following aus.tv Moderators:

Group Moderator
Supreme Moderator
The Supreme Group Moderator's immediate Boss
The Imperial Caesaropapistic Moderator

Your performances over the next 5 days will be monitored and reviewed.
I would suggest that you all "lift your game" as you Australians would say.

Walter G.Encartmencia
Usenet CEO
1286 Union Drive
Pamplona, Nevarra, Spain

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download

Jam Daddy

Dec 28, 2005, 9:14:22 PM12/28/05

"Walter G.Encartmencia" <usene...@usenet.org> wrote in message

> It has brought to my attention that you have all become out of control.

yo Jethro, do the blisters hinder you much?

Al Gore

Dec 28, 2005, 9:58:43 PM12/28/05
Well I invented the Internet so you better not think you have authority over
me young man
I hereby revoke any and all "Strike" privileges from the aus. group
moderators in general
or do I have to make a pre-emptive
strike...................................................

Albert Arnold Gore Jr.
Vice President of the United States from 1993 to 2001
Inventor of the Internet

"Walter G.Encartmencia" <usene...@usenet.org> wrote in message

Spot

Dec 28, 2005, 10:35:34 PM12/28/05

"Al Gore" <a.g...@whitehouse.gov> wrote in message

> Well I invented the Internet so you better not think you have authority
> over me young man

<Sigh>
Listen up, Al. You never "invented" the Internet (ie. engineered the
technology).
The invention occurred in the 1970s and allowed scientists in the US Defence
Department to communicate with each other.
So Al, let's re-visit your March 1999 interview with Wolf Blitzer and your
famous quote; "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the Internet".
You see Al, taken in context, your sentence, despite some initial ambiguity,
simply means that you "promoted" the system we enjoy today. Not "invented"
it.
Get it, Al. You could not have patented the science, though that's how your
quotation has subsequently been manipulated.
Therefore Al, you have no authority at all concerning Usenet.
Hope that helps, Al.
That is all.

--
Spot, The Deliberate Poster

Message has been deleted

Spot

Dec 28, 2005, 11:25:50 PM12/28/05
"Dick Chainy" <vicepr...@whitehouse.gov> wrote in message
> Thank you for that, Spot.
>
> You can see why Al lost the 2000 election.
>

> --
> Dick Chainy
> Vice-President of the United States
> 2001-

You're welcome, D.

--
Spot

Chriz

Dec 29, 2005, 2:56:43 AM12/29/05
Once upon a time Walter G.Encartmencia decided to write:

> It has brought to my attention that you have all become out of
> control.
>
> As the highest authority on Usenet, I hereby deliver STRIKE ONE to the
> following aus.tv Moderators:
>
> Group Moderator
> Supreme Moderator
> The Supreme Group Moderator's immediate Boss
> The Imperial Caesaropapistic Moderator
>
> Your performances over the next 5 days will be monitored and reviewed.
> I would suggest that you all "lift your game" as you Australians
> would say.
>
> Walter G.Encartmencia
> Usenet CEO
> 1286 Union Drive
> Pamplona, Nevarra, Spain

Why would someone in your authority use Usenetzone?

--
Abandon all ambitions to reply by email.

Chriz

Dec 29, 2005, 2:58:00 AM12/29/05
Once upon a time Al Gore decided to write:

> Well I invented the Internet so you better not think you have
> authority over me young man

It was the British I believe but the US took credit for it because they used
it for military purposes.

Chriz

Dec 29, 2005, 2:58:45 AM12/29/05
Once upon a time Spot decided to write:

> "Al Gore" <a.g...@whitehouse.gov> wrote in message
>> Well I invented the Internet so you better not think you have
>> authority over me young man
>
> <Sigh>
> Listen up, Al. You never "invented" the Internet (ie. engineered the
> technology).
> The invention occurred in the 1970s and allowed scientists in the US
> Defence Department to communicate with each other.

It was earlier than that.

Wolfgang Wildeblood

Dec 29, 2005, 4:13:13 AM12/29/05

Indeed. The Internet was invented in the 1880s by a certain Mr Mycroft
Holmes. He originally called it "The Holmesian Coded Message Expedited
Delivery Mechanism". When it became apparent that the British Ministry
of War intended not only to use his invention for military purposes,
but to suppress public knowledge of its existence, Mr Holmes became
disenchanted, disavowed both his invention and his only surviving
family (a brother by the name of Sherlock), and moved to India.

Knowledge of the technology, by then known as the "Technology,
Communications, Coded Message, Expedited Delivery by (Radio)Telegraphy,
Automated, High Speed" was given to the Americans by Winston Churchill
during the late 1930s. It underwent rapid, but still secret,
development during "WWII" and the years immediately following, but then
fell into disuse for a time. It was during this lapse in the 1950s that
the true, British, origins of the technology were forgotten by many
people.

In the 1960s the hitherto secret technology was discovered by a certain
American civilian gentleman, a Mr Timothy Leary. He set about
attempting to popularize its use, and called it the "Tune In Machine" -
cunningly naming it after himself in the process. For attermpting to
reveal the existence of the secret technology, the American government
prosecuted Mr Leary on trumped-up charges, accusing him of being a
"drug advocate". However, this unfortunate episode of failed military
security had the serendipitous effect of reminding the US military that
the technology existed. They gave it to ARPA to develop into the
ARPAnet - the forerunner of the Internet we know today.

In the 1980s the Americans, wanting a way to get all the data from
their worldwide Echelon network back to the USA efficiently, persuaded
the governments of the UK and Australia to link the JANet and CSIROnet
to the ARPAnet to create the first International Network. The rest is
(publicly available) history.

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 4:13:28 AM12/29/05
"Chriz" <chrizizhere_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Whatever. 1957 then. When the Russians launched Sputnik 1, the US began the
development process. Happy now ?

--
Spot

Chriz

Dec 29, 2005, 4:21:04 AM12/29/05
Once upon a time Spot decided to write:

> "Chriz" <chrizizhere_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Once upon a time Spot decided to write:
>>
>>> "Al Gore" <a.g...@whitehouse.gov> wrote in message
>>>
>>> <Sigh>
>>> Listen up, Al. You never "invented" the Internet (ie. engineered the
>>> technology).
>>> The invention occurred in the 1970s and allowed scientists in the US
>>> Defence Department to communicate with each other.
>>

>> It was earlier than that.
>
> Whatever. 1957 then. When the Russians launched Sputnik 1, the US
> began the development process. Happy now ?

No. Read Wolfgang's response. He knows what he's talking about. I just
remember vague details. Thanks for the informative post Wolfgang.

Kwyjibo

Dec 29, 2005, 5:03:29 AM12/29/05
"Wolfgang Wildeblood" <wolfgangw...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:1135847593.8...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com

> Chriz wrote:
>> Once upon a time Spot decided to write:
>>> Listen up, Al. You never "invented" the Internet (ie. engineered the
>>> technology).
>>> The invention occurred in the 1970s and allowed scientists in the US
>>> Defence Department to communicate with each other.
>>
>> It was earlier than that.
>
> Indeed. The Internet was invented in the 1880s by a certain Mr Mycroft
> Holmes.

No shit, Sherlock?

--
Kwyj

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 7:47:47 AM12/29/05
"Chriz" <chrizizhere_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

You can't be *that* stupid, eh ?
<Sigh>

--
Spot

Chriz

Dec 29, 2005, 2:17:53 PM12/29/05

No I can't be a stupid as you. Thanks for asking.
<sigh. rolls eyes till they fall out>

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 4:09:34 PM12/29/05
"Chriz" <chrizizhere_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Correct. I'm only stupid on extremely rare occaisons but you're stupid
full-time !
If you believe Mycroft Holmes invented the Internet in the 1880s then I rest
my case.
It's people as dumb as you that the term "Whoooooossshhh !!!" was invented
for.
Now rack off, dumbo !

<Audible Groan>

--
Spot

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 6:05:10 PM12/29/05
"Horace Wachope ." <horace...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Good morning, S.

Hot morning (37 C) to you too, H.

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 6:07:38 PM12/29/05
"The Imperial Caesaropapistic Moderator" <TI...@empire.int> wrote in message

> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:09:34 GMT, Spot wrote:
>
>> Correct. I'm only stupid on extremely rare occaisons but you're stupid
>> full-time !
>> If you believe Mycroft Holmes invented the Internet in the 1880s then I
>> rest
>> my case.
>> It's people as dumb as you that the term "Whoooooossshhh !!!" was
>> invented
>> for.
>> Now rack off, dumbo !
>>
>> <Audible Groan>
>
> STRIKE ONE (for being oh so wrong)

Then you are dumber than Chriz (is that even possible ?).
Mycroft Holmes is a *fictional* character.
Whoooooshhhh !
That is all. HTH - o

--
spot

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 6:37:57 PM12/29/05
> In Melb?

Yes, H. Last time I looked, Richmond was still part of Melb.
HTH - o

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 6:39:44 PM12/29/05
> STRIKE TWO (for being condescending)

<Sigh>
I was already on Strike Two (2), two (2) days ago.
You idiot !

--
Spot

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 6:56:17 PM12/29/05
> LOL. Richmond.

What's so funny about Richmond ?
At least I can watch the cricket for free from here !

--
Spot

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 6:58:24 PM12/29/05
> It is my great pleasure to inform you that Mr Wachope successfully applied
> to the Court of Dispute Strikes to have those two strikes quashed.

It is my great pleasure to inform you that IDGAF.

--
Spot

Message has been deleted

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 7:31:27 PM12/29/05
> STRIKE THREE (for acronym swearing)

What comes after Strike Three, YSFDC ?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 7:55:05 PM12/29/05
> Strike Four, dumbo.
>
>> YSFDC ?
>
> STRIKE FOUR (for acronym swearing)

GAGABBDUY

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 7:55:58 PM12/29/05
> I used to live down the road from the Gabba in East Brisbane.
>
> I remember visiting the 7-11 there to buy smokes at 3am on many occasions.

How many occasions can 3am have, H ?

Message has been deleted

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 8:17:45 PM12/29/05
> One each day. (Or 60 each day. Or even more, depending on your
> definition
> of "3am".)

Are you sure, H ?
Don't want to change your mind ?
Not too up to date with Quantum Physics, eh ?

--
Spot

Message has been deleted

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 9:05:33 PM12/29/05
> Yes.

>> Don't want to change your mind ?
>
> No.

>> Not too up to date with Quantum Physics, eh ?
>
> <sigh> "Depending on your definition of 3am", Spot.

Like I said, H. You're not with the Quantum Physics program, eh ?
Time, Relativity etc. Now, do you want to change your answer ?

Wolfgang Wildeblood

Dec 29, 2005, 9:14:13 PM12/29/05
Spot wrote:
> "The Imperial Caesaropapistic Moderator" wrote:

> > Spot wrote:
> >
> >> If you believe Mycroft Holmes invented the Internet in the 1880s then I
> >> rest
> >> my case.
> >> It's people as dumb as you that the term "Whoooooossshhh !!!" was
> >> invented
> >> for.
> >
> > STRIKE ONE (for being oh so wrong)
>
> Then you are dumber than Chriz (is that even possible ?).
> Mycroft Holmes is a *fictional* character.

The Internet is a fictional object. Why would a "real" person, like Al
Gore, invent a fictional object?

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 9:18:28 PM12/29/05
"Wolfgang Wildeblood" <wolfgangw...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

According to the rules of Quantum Physics, Al Gore does not *really* exist.
HTH - o

--
Spot

Wolfgang Wildeblood

Dec 29, 2005, 10:01:26 PM12/29/05

"Quantum Physics", eh? The university undergraduate's equivalent of the
high-schooler's "Let me give you a lesson in Basic Economics". One
constant of Usenet: there's always someone willing to show off their
Little Knowledge.

> HTH - o

Not really, no.

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 10:10:14 PM12/29/05
"Wolfgang Wildeblood" <wolfgangw...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

Yes, that's true. We call him Monty.

>> HTH - o
>
> Not really, no.

That's nice.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

The Former Group Moderator

Dec 29, 2005, 11:23:13 PM12/29/05

Horace Wachope . wrote:

> You're becoming boring, S.
>
> I may just have to ignore you temporarily.

You could always do what Soixie did, and plonked him. Or do what I
did, and award him a strike.

Spot

Dec 29, 2005, 11:24:59 PM12/29/05
> You're becoming boring, S.
>
> I may just have to ignore you temporarily.

Well, if that's how you feel, then I must retort by saying that you and your
multiple personalities are becoming very lame and pathetic. In fact, I'm
going to ignore you permanently. Goodbye, H.

*PLONK*

--
Spot, The Pest Remover

The Former Group Moderator

Dec 29, 2005, 11:29:27 PM12/29/05

This post has been deleted by the Group Moderator.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

John

Dec 29, 2005, 11:42:44 PM12/29/05
Wolfgang Wildeblood wrote:

Much the same reason as those fictional WMDs

Chriz

Dec 30, 2005, 1:29:22 AM12/30/05
Once upon a time Spot decided to write:

> "Chriz" <chrizizhere_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Once upon a time Spot decided to write:

>>> You can't be *that* stupid, eh ?
>>> <Sigh>
>>
>> No I can't be a stupid as you. Thanks for asking.
>> <sigh. rolls eyes till they fall out>
>
> Correct. I'm only stupid on extremely rare occaisons but you're stupid
> full-time !

> If you believe Mycroft Holmes invented the Internet in the 1880s then
> I rest my case.
> It's people as dumb as you that the term "Whoooooossshhh !!!" was
> invented for.

> Now rack off, dumbo !
>
> <Audible Groan>

I'm not saying the Holmes part is right, but the rest of it is pretty much
similar to the account I've heard of before.
<audible fart>

--
Abandon all ambitions to reply by email.

Chriz

Dec 30, 2005, 1:32:29 AM12/30/05

You're really into 10 pin bowling, aren't ya?

Chriz

Dec 30, 2005, 1:33:50 AM12/30/05
Once upon a time Horace Wachope . decided to write:

> On 29 Dec 2005 20:29:27 -0800, The Former Group Moderator wrote:
>
>> This post has been deleted by the Group Moderator.
>

> Praise the Lord for that.
>
> Whatever happened to those P R A I S E, Praise natural mayonnaise ads?

Ads don't run forever Horry.

Chriz

Dec 30, 2005, 1:34:40 AM12/30/05
Once upon a time Spot decided to write:

> "The Imperial Caesaropapistic Moderator" <TI...@empire.int> wrote in
> message news:10udhbicdiqed$.1f6qmbm12u8t0.dlg@40tude.net...
>> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 23:07:38 GMT, Spot wrote:
>>
>>> "The Imperial Caesaropapistic Moderator" <TI...@empire.int> wrote in
>>> message
>>> news:d2gws6hjrlhe.1tdm1r7rx1lm9$.dlg@40tude.net...

>>> Then you are dumber than Chriz (is that even possible ?).
>>> Mycroft Holmes is a *fictional* character.

>>> Whoooooshhhh !
>>> That is all. HTH - o
>>
>> STRIKE TWO (for being condescending)
>
> <Sigh>
> I was already on Strike Two (2), two (2) days ago.

> You idiot !

LBW. You're out for a duck.

Wolfgang Wildeblood

Dec 30, 2005, 1:34:49 AM12/30/05

There are no fictional WMDs.

Wolfgang Wildeblood

Dec 30, 2005, 1:40:35 AM12/30/05
Spot wrote:

> Horace Wachope wrote:
>
> > You're becoming boring, S.
> >
> > I may just have to ignore you temporarily.
>
> Well, if that's how you feel, then I must retort by saying that you and your
> multiple personalities are becoming very lame and pathetic. In fact, I'm
> going to ignore you permanently. Goodbye, H.

Er, Spot, you are one of Horace's alternative identities. Are you
plonking yourself?

Chriz

Dec 30, 2005, 1:44:18 AM12/30/05

These guys are weird. You'd think the elderly could use their time more
productively before they die.

Message has been deleted

Chriz

Dec 30, 2005, 1:47:27 AM12/30/05
Once upon a time Horace Wachope . decided to write:

> There can be only one alternative, Wolfgang.
>
> Actually, I've only today posted as myself, and as one of the Group
> Moderators.

You people need to get a life.

Message has been deleted

Wolfgang Wildeblood

Dec 30, 2005, 2:37:39 AM12/30/05
Horace Wachope wrote:
> On 29 Dec 2005 22:40:35 -0800, Wolfgang Wildeblood wrote:
> There can be only one alternative, Wolfgang.

There can be only one ALTERNATE, Horace. There can be many
ALTERNATIVES.

Message has been deleted

The Former Group Moderator

Dec 30, 2005, 4:20:08 AM12/30/05

Horace Wachope . wrote:
> I'm sorry, but we'll have to disagree on that one Wolfgang.
>
> (78% of my usage panel supports my view, by the way.)

You might want to increase that percentage a little. When you sent me
my questionaire, I mis-read it and voted No instead of Yes. Sorry
about that chief.

Larrikin Les

Dec 30, 2005, 7:28:19 AM12/30/05
"Chriz" <chrizizhere_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Unfortunately, Chriz, cousin-in-law Dave (aka Spot) got abused in this
newsgroup earlier today and has unsubscribed from aus.tv.

'Onya

Larrikin Les

Dec 30, 2005, 7:29:06 AM12/30/05
"Wolfgang Wildeblood" <wolfgangw...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

Unfortunately, Wolfgang, cousin-in-law Dave (aka Spot) got abused in this

Larrikin Les

Dec 30, 2005, 7:28:41 AM12/30/05

Unfortunately, Chriz, cousin-in-law Dave (aka Spot) got abused in this

Larrikin Les

Dec 30, 2005, 7:31:30 AM12/30/05
"Chriz" <chrizizhere_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Cousin-in-law Dave (aka Spot) was only 36 when he got abused in this
newsgroup earlier today and decided (well his wife, cousin Emily did) to
unsubscribe from aus.tv.

'Onya

Chriz

Dec 30, 2005, 7:59:22 AM12/30/05

I get the point. Who abused him and why was he so easy to get rid of?

Larrikin Les

Dec 30, 2005, 8:07:28 AM12/30/05
"Chriz" <chrizizhere_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Not sure of the details, young man, but I think Horace crossed the aus.tv
line.
Dave (aka Spot)'s missus won't even let *me* talk to Horace any more!
Before you ask, you need to meet his missus, Emily, to understand the power
of the Norton womem.

'Onya

Message has been deleted

Chriz

Dec 30, 2005, 8:22:04 AM12/30/05
Once upon a time Horace Wachope . decided to write:

>>> Unfortunately, Chriz, cousin-in-law Dave (aka Spot) got abused in
>>> this newsgroup earlier today and has unsubscribed from aus.tv.
>>
>> I get the point. Who abused him and why was he so easy to get rid of?
>
> Spot wasn't at all well behaved today. He was swearing at people
> (sometimes in acronym form), crapping on about Quantum Physics and
> generally being a bit of a bastard.

I read all that.

> I told him that he was boring me, and he lashed back, accusing me of
> using multiple personalities (which is not true, today at least --
> though I have been posting as Glen Bosman and Ikuko Toguri in another
> group, for the sole purpose of upsetting Seppo Renfors).
>
> Next thing I know, Les has informed the group that Spot has
> permanently unsubbed from aus.tv.

That's the part I missed and it isn't apranetly documented anywhere apart
from you and Les.

> That was NEVER my intention but, as as certain French aristocratic
> aus.tv contributor has been known to say, c'est la vie.

That aristocrat left as well, but in a different way.

Message has been deleted

The Former Group Moderator

Dec 30, 2005, 5:45:55 PM12/30/05

Horace Wachope . wrote:
> Actually, she was an aristocat, not an aristocrat.

She?

Chriz

Dec 30, 2005, 6:36:41 PM12/30/05
Once upon a time The Former Group Moderator decided to write:

It.

Gazzus_Blokius

Dec 30, 2005, 8:01:38 PM12/30/05

"Chriz" <chrizizhere_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Is that She AND it, She OR it or an abbreviation of both making it
Shit.....just wondering

Garry

Chriz

Dec 30, 2005, 8:47:15 PM12/30/05

I've often thought SHIT is a good abbreviation.

John

Dec 31, 2005, 5:20:32 AM12/31/05
Wolfgang Wildeblood wrote:

Yes there were ..

The whole Iraq thing was based on fictitious WMDs