SPOILER FTF - questions

1 view

Stujo

Jul 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/23/98
Ive seen people do this...

SPOILER SPACE

Some questions about FTF.

FEMA? Are the Syndicate running FEMA? Yes? If so, why did they blow up
the Dallas building (ie their own office block) just to get rid of the
bodies? Why couldnt they just make them disappear (as they do) to the
North Pole etc.

Syndicate wants to whack Scully. Ok. They made no attempt to go after her
personally, just intended for a bee to get her. Is that right? In the
series, could they direct bees to individuals or was this just good luck
for the Syndicate? If they had something else in mind, it seems that it
was going to happen soon anyway as the ambulance arrived pretty darn fast.
From that I sort of concluded that they must of had something else in mind
for her as the bee was with her for say, a day and a half at least. Were
the guys in the ambulance hanging around all that time waiting for the bee
to sting her? Unlikely. Then again...

Not a question but the gag of Mulder pissing on the ID4 poster was grouse.

--
Victims... aren't we all?

OMA @ this.newsgroup

Jul 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/24/98
As I said before, please put more spoiler space in if you intend to spoil.
eg.
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E

Right. That should do it, but just in case, the final chance, know that I
am not joking now:

S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E
S P O I L E R S P A C E

Stujo wrote in message <01bdb690$23f75700$6e04...@P110.audit.vic.gov.au>...

>Ive seen people do this...
>
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>

>Some questions about FTF.
>
>FEMA? Are the Syndicate running FEMA? Yes? If so, why did they blow up
>the Dallas building (ie their own office block) just to get rid of the
>bodies? Why couldnt they just make them disappear (as they do) to the
>North Pole etc.

Good question. Because of the mutation, they wanted to destroy all the
evidence, not just the bodies.

>Syndicate wants to whack Scully. Ok. They made no attempt to go after her
>personally, just intended for a bee to get her. Is that right? In the
>series, could they direct bees to individuals or was this just good luck
>for the Syndicate? If they had something else in mind, it seems that it
>was going to happen soon anyway as the ambulance arrived pretty darn fast.
>From that I sort of concluded that they must of had something else in mind
>for her as the bee was with her for say, a day and a half at least. Were
>the guys in the ambulance hanging around all that time waiting for the bee
>to sting her? Unlikely. Then again...

The Syndicate likes to bide its time. It waits for the right
oppurtunity to take Scully.
If I remember correctly, in 'Herrenvolk', the bees were living in some
sought of flower garden, there was not a single corn cob to be seen. What
did the corn have to do with anything?
Where were Krychek, Spender, Samantha M, and Marita whateverhernameis?

>Not a question but the gag of Mulder pissing on the ID4 poster was grouse.
>

>--
>Victims... aren't we all?

Maybe.

Be seeing ya.
TAKE YOUR GREATEST FEAR
YOUR MOST PARANOID SUSPICION
AND YOUR DARKEST NIGHTMARE
AND MULTIPLY IT BY X

Rachael Bahl

Jul 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/25/98
In article <6p8plg$sjb$1...@metro.ucc.usyd.edu.au>, "OMA @ this.newsgroup"

>Stujo wrote in message <01bdb690$23f75700$6e04...@P110.audit.vic.gov.au>...

>>Some questions about FTF.
>>
>>FEMA? Are the Syndicate running FEMA? Yes? If so, why did they blow up
>>the Dallas building (ie their own office block) just to get rid of the
>>bodies? Why couldnt they just make them disappear (as they do) to the
>>North Pole etc.
>
> Good question. Because of the mutation, they wanted to destroy all the
>evidence, not just the bodies.

But they didn't destroy the evidence, OR the bodies!

> The Syndicate likes to bide its time. It waits for the right
>oppurtunity to take Scully.
> If I remember correctly, in 'Herrenvolk', the bees were living in some
>sought of flower garden,

Ginseng, IIRC.

>there was not a single corn cob to be seen. What
>did the corn have to do with anything?

They've realised that very few people actually consume Ginseng, so they're
doing corn oil instead. ;)

> Where were Krychek, Spender, Samantha M, and Marita whateverhernameis?

Too confusing for non-philes.

Rachael.

Rachael Bahl

Jul 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/25/98
In article <01bdb690$23f75700$6e04...@P110.audit.vic.gov.au>, "Stujo"
<s_p_j...@SPAMOFFhotmail.com> wrote:
>Ive seen people do this...
>
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE

That's so that if you talk about the movie, and people haven't see it yet, and
they don't read your header, or accidentally select the message, they can
avoid reading stuff they don't want to. :-)

Here's some more....

>Some questions about FTF.
>
>FEMA? Are the Syndicate running FEMA? Yes? If so, why did they blow up
>the Dallas building (ie their own office block) just to get rid of the
>bodies? Why couldnt they just make them disappear (as they do) to the
>North Pole etc.

I get the impression that FEMA is one arm of the conspiracy... yes, I suppose
blowing up the building (and not the bodies) was not really smart...

>Syndicate wants to whack Scully. Ok. They made no attempt to go after her
>personally, just intended for a bee to get her. Is that right?

The bee was just good luck for the syndicate... The didn't plant it on her.
They were monitoring Mulder's phone so when he called for help, they stepped
in.

Rachael.

Chris Sloan

Jul 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/26/98
On 23 Jul 1998 23:19:36 GMT, "Stujo" <s_p_j...@SPAMOFFhotmail.com>
wrote:

>Ive seen people do this...
>
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE

>SPOILER SPACE
>SPOILER SPACE

>Some questions about FTF.
>
>FEMA? Are the Syndicate running FEMA? Yes? If so, why did they blow up
>the Dallas building (ie their own office block) just to get rid of the
>bodies? Why couldnt they just make them disappear (as they do) to the
>North Pole etc.

I thought they blew up the building to have a non-controversial,
non-interesting to parents/wives/SO's, cause of death, i.e. one that
won't be questioned. The last they heard (presumably) was that the
victims had been quarantined because of hanta virus. But, if your
husband/son has then been kiled in an explosion, you wouldn't really
want to inspect remains for an alternate cause of death.

>Syndicate wants to whack Scully. Ok. They made no attempt to go after her
>personally, just intended for a bee to get her. Is that right?

I think their revenge is more the OPR heading and reassigning Scully
to Salt Lake City...

BTW, one small point...

How come it seems to be the same season (ie summerish) in both the US
and the Antarctic? If it's summer in Texas, shoudn't it be 3 months
of darkness in Wilkes Land?

Loved the movie, though:

Langly(?): What can we do to help?
Mulder: You can strip Byers naked.
Byers: What?!

Cheers,
Chris.

--
Chris Sloan - Adelaide, South Australia

If the Librarian's an orang-utan, then a Cataloguer must be a gorilla
... rarer, and not safe enough to be let out in public

$teve2

Jul 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/29/98
Stujo wrote:

> Ive seen people do this...
>
> SPOILER SPACE

> SPOILER SPACE

> SPOILER SPACE

I like chocolate - Didi

> SPOILER SPACE

> SPOILER SPACE
>
> Some questions about FTF.

> FEMA? Are the Syndicate running FEMA? Yes? If so, why did they blow up
> the Dallas building (ie their own office block) just to get rid of the
> bodies? Why couldnt they just make them disappear (as they do) to the
> North Pole etc.

The original game plan being run by the FEMASyndicate was to blow up the
federal office block with lots of people inside so that the 4 unlucky
individuals were lost in the 200-300 strong body count.

In terms of XFiles writing, this was a direct reference and use of the
Oklahoma bombing incident, ie blowing up a federal building.

For the storyline, FEMASydnicate was prepared to slaughter a building
load of innocents in order to bury the evidence that the firecrews and
kid were basically converted into little more than lifesupport and
snack-in-a-box packs for an alien creature.

> Syndicate wants to whack Scully. Ok. They made no attempt to go after her

> personally, just intended for a bee to get her. Is that right? In the
> series, could they direct bees to individuals or was this just good luck
> for the Syndicate? If they had something else in mind, it seems that it
> was going to happen soon anyway as the ambulance arrived pretty darn fast.
> From that I sort of concluded that they must of had something else in mind
> for her as the bee was with her for say, a day and a half at least. Were
> the guys in the ambulance hanging around all that time waiting for the bee
> to sting her? Unlikely. Then again...

That was just poor operational story writing. The idea we were supposed
to take from the scene was that the Syndicate was planning on whacking
Scully, and that they were monitoring Mulder's phone communications.
When Scully went down from the beesting, they happened to overhear the
call, and dispatch their own crew. As the second ambulance arrived
immediately after the shooting, the idea was that Mulder calls 911,
reports an FBI officer down. Syndicate rolls into action to take the
opportunity to take Scully hostage. They shoot Mulder in a non vital
bit (his head) and there's your downed FBI officer. The fact he made
the 911 call and is a gunshot victim in the street is neither here nor
there in the X-files universe.

$teve2