POLISER- Roosters v Bulldogs

1 view

paul

Jun 4, 2004, 7:49:11 AM6/4/04
Roosters 12
Bulldogs uh, well, erm....40

Makes the Warriors look good, huh?

Cas

Jun 4, 2004, 8:24:09 AM6/4/04

"paul" <nos...@xnospam.com.au> wrote in message
news:40c06126...@news-vip.optusnet.com.au...

> Roosters 12
> Bulldogs uh, well, erm....40
>
> Makes the Warriors look good, huh?

Well they were playing with 12 men for most of 2nd half thanks to Hodges
getting himself sent off with a swinging arm.
Actually probably wouldn't have made any difference, cause his overall
performance was very ordinary to say the least, ...defensively he was
constantly being made a fool of....and Walker did f.a. as well

Cheers
Cas

Colin Lord

Jun 4, 2004, 8:49:17 AM6/4/04

"Cas" <ca...@NoSpam.yahoo.com> wrote in message

Wonder how long until the Rooster management wish they granted Hodges a
release.......

Max Horlicks

Jun 4, 2004, 9:06:17 AM6/4/04
paul wrote:

Match Summary

Freddie - when he got serious, Roosters fired - didn't get serious very
often
Hodges - waste of fucking space - didn't do much when he was on the field -
let his team down badly with the send off when once agin losing his temper
(send off was prolly unfair - but knobs just ask for it every time)
Luke/Craig - tried hard - but when yer 1 down - yer pushin shit
Mini - reasonable game

Price - always puts in - top game
Sherwin - legend - top kicking game
Andrew Ryan - best game I've seen him play for awhile - in line for MOM
Monkey on left wing (can't remember his name) - 3 tries - top game

Ahh stuff it - goin fer a drink (hic)

Max Horlicks

Jun 4, 2004, 9:15:05 AM6/4/04
Max Horlicks wrote:

> Monkey on left wing (can't remember his name) - 3 tries - top game

Oh yeah -Willie Tonga

Sorry bout that Willie - want a banana?

Chris Cox

Jun 4, 2004, 9:36:53 AM6/4/04
"Cas" <ca...@NoSpam.yahoo.com> wrote in message

Hodges' send off did nothing. According to Tonga, he wasn't there anyway.

Pope Matthew, I

Jun 4, 2004, 9:27:30 AM6/4/04
Incredibly, "Chris Cox" <cj...@ohyeahbaby.spam.optushome.com.au> managed
to sputter:

Which shows that Wayne Bennett didn't drop in 2001 because he had the
shits at him, he dropped him cos he was shit...

--
Cheers,

Matt Pope

You're my vitamins...

Josh Button

Jun 4, 2004, 9:46:55 AM6/4/04
> Andrew Ryan - best game I've seen him play for awhile - in line for MOM

Try best game in 2 weeks. Had a very very good SOO I.
--
Josh Button
Go Parra in 2004

Craig

Jun 4, 2004, 10:21:37 AM6/4/04
That cheer you heard was the QLD selectors now not having to make the easy
decision to drop Hodges

SiD

Jun 4, 2004, 2:38:27 PM6/4/04

"paul" <nos...@xnospam.com.au> wrote in message
> Roosters 12
> Bulldogs uh, well, erm....40
>
> Makes the Warriors look good, huh?

talk about a hangover

SiD

RobSm

Jun 4, 2004, 4:55:27 PM6/4/04
On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 12:24:09 GMT, "Cas" <ca...@NoSpam.yahoo.com>
wrote:

LOL...

The only time I saw him was when he was coat-hangered..I thought..oh
HE'S playing...

RobSm

Codocks

Jun 4, 2004, 8:29:35 PM6/4/04

"Cas" <ca...@NoSpam.yahoo.com> wrote in message

Sent off as much for his reputation as the swinging arm. The joke in all of
this is that RL refs find it perfectly acceptable for defenders to support
their forearms on the tackled players heads when getting up and it seems
after last night they are also happy to let the head slam become part of the
game again viz. Mason on Finch. Looks like your OK too if you come in late
when the tackled player is on the ground. Was that Ryan or O'Meley ? Oh and
the 8 point try seems confined to history as well, just asl Ryan Girdler.
Inconsistent plonkers.

Codocks

Funniest Nick of the Year

Jun 4, 2004, 10:15:01 PM6/4/04

"Pope Matthew, I" <mat...@matthew.com> wrote in message

And Parramatta are playing well at the moment too.

Greg Vincent }:c{»

Jun 4, 2004, 10:14:16 PM6/4/04

It'll make the Raiders look good. Getting flogged by a team that got
flogged by a team that got flogged by the Bulldogs.

Dion Williams

Jun 4, 2004, 10:59:27 PM6/4/04
Max Horlicks wrote:

> Hodges - waste of fucking space - didn't do much when he was on the field -
> let his team down badly with the send off when once agin losing his temper
> (send off was prolly unfair - but knobs just ask for it every time)

I was surprised when he got walked, I thought 10 minutes would have been
the likely outcome, given it didn't look as premeditated as it could
have.

> Sherwin - legend - top kicking game

The boot was truly on fire last night; bananas, grubbers, you name it,
he was on top of it. Another case of bringing themselves to play when
they consider their opposition "worthy". Usually this is followed by a
brain failure the following week; probably lose to the Raiders now.

Dion

Chris Cox

Jun 4, 2004, 11:03:18 PM6/4/04
"Pope Matthew, I" <mat...@matthew.com> wrote in message

Oh lord no. He dropped him because he had the shits with him.

It's just in hindsight Bennett's realised what a great result that was.

paul

Jun 5, 2004, 2:21:09 AM6/5/04
wrote:

>"paul" <nos...@xnospam.com.au> wrote in message
>> Roosters 12
>> Bulldogs uh, well, erm....40
>>
>> Makes the Warriors look good, huh?
>
>Well they were playing with 12 men for most of 2nd half thanks to Hodges
>getting himself sent off with a swinging arm.

They were gone already. You don't think for one minute Tonga was going
to suddenly stop running at Hodges do you? Ref did Easts a favour
sending him off.

>Actually probably wouldn't have made any difference, cause his overall
>performance was very ordinary to say the least, ...defensively he was
>constantly being made a fool of....and Walker did f.a. as well

When does Walker ever do anything? Mesmerised by the Ritchie melons no
doubt.

>Cheers
>Cas

It was typical Roosters head hunting behaviour. For some reason they
seem to panic when faced with a decent side and believe the only way
they can win is to make the opponents scared to take the ball up. Good
on the Dogs for not falling for it.

The Roosters got 2 suspensions against Penrith, and should have got 2
more, but those 2 guys will be rubbed out this week anyway. The
Ricketson tackle was out of character, in all fairness.

paul

Ben Gussey

Jun 5, 2004, 3:28:53 AM6/5/04
"Dion Williams" <dion.wil...@CHUCKERtelstra.com> wrote in message

You can't be sin binned for a high tackle, though I believe you should be
able to. There are certainly different levels of severity.

Regards,
Ben.

Natalie

Jun 5, 2004, 8:45:09 PM6/5/04
Cas wrote:

> Well they were playing with 12 men for most of 2nd half thanks to Hodges
> getting himself sent off with a swinging arm.
> Actually probably wouldn't have made any difference, cause his overall
> performance was very ordinary to say the least, ...defensively he was
> constantly being made a fool of....and Walker did f.a. as well

Walker did FA as per bloody usual! The Qld selectors must be pretty
desperate if they want him in the side, but then they picked Justin
Hodges on some sort of brilliant club form, so they are masters of
imagination. Toddy Byrne gets a lot of shit (from Roosters fans usually)
but the Dogs weren't scoring tries en masse down his side on Friday
night. It's one thing to be a brilliant speedster, it's quite another to
be able to tackle.

Natalie

Greg Vincent }:c{»

Jun 5, 2004, 9:06:26 PM6/5/04

I hope you're not saying Byrne is a speedster.

Natalie

Jun 5, 2004, 11:07:47 PM6/5/04

Why would I say that? I know Toddy's limitations, but they're not the
reason he's playing 1st grade.

Natalie