Clive Robertson to replace Glenn Wheeler on 2UE weekend afternoons

Sammy

Mar 27, 2008, 12:53:42 AM3/27/08
According to a Daily Telegraph Confidential report regarding Glenn's
sudden departure from 2UE, Clive Robertson will replace Glenn Wheeler
on 2UE weekend afternoons - which leaves on wondering how Clive will
treat all of the Sporting updates that happen on weekend afternoons?
Clive hates anything Sport related!

In my opinion Clive will bore the pants off 2UE's weekend listeners
who expect more than his constant negative view on life. Any comments?

Frank Calabrese

Mar 27, 2008, 1:12:46 AM3/27/08
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:53:42 -0700 (PDT), Sammy
<samuella...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>According to a Daily Telegraph Confidential report regarding Glenn's
>sudden departure from 2UE, Clive Robertson will replace Glenn Wheeler
>on 2UE weekend afternoons - which leaves on wondering how Clive will
>treat all of the Sporting updates that happen on weekend afternoons?
>Clive hates anything Sport related!

Well Clive started his Metropolitain Radio gig at 6IX in Perth in
1968 who were running a racing format, so I'm sure he's familiar with
such a format.

Frank

Luke O'Zade

Mar 27, 2008, 5:44:13 PM3/27/08

"Sammy" <samuella...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

They wouldn't have many listeners would they? Also I wonder what was behind
Wheeler's demise

AS

Mar 27, 2008, 6:26:02 PM3/27/08

My view on "Robbo" is no secret. He's insincere and bitter and should
be barred from the airwaves. Beats me why he bothers. The more he
pretends to be what he isn't, the more stressed he gets. Eventually
something's gotta blow!!!

Of interest too is the Wheeler saga - wasn't he kicked from 2GB for
undermining the other announcers? Never could work out why 2UE picked
him up. Wonder if he was up to his old tricks? Far too parochial, not
near enough "global bite" and intellect for me. A real favourite with
the grannies of the Shire, no doubt. Wonder where he will bob up next
- 2SM?

Mark Kennedy signed off this morning saying he'd be back on overnight
April 4th (I think) filling in for Frank Crook, which means the change
for 2GB will come on Monday morning . . at last!

newtaste

Mar 28, 2008, 7:48:02 PM3/28/08
Abe is pushing the buttons for Don Burke, so Clive will be very
jealous. The way Clive was talking about and to Abe last week, when
Clive filled in for Stuart Bocking, It seems that Clive is in love.

Luke O'Zade

Mar 28, 2008, 11:19:02 PM3/28/08

"newtaste" <newta...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Abe is pushing the buttons for Don Burke, so Clive will be very
> jealous. The way Clive was talking about and to Abe last week, when
> Clive filled in for Stuart Bocking, It seems that Clive is in love.

Abe seems to be working with Robertson. He was just talking to him.

AS

Mar 28, 2008, 11:56:13 PM3/28/08
On Mar 29, 2:19 pm, "Luke O'Zade" <No_one@home> wrote:
> "newtaste" <newtast...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> news:0abd82ae-d362-4afc...@z38g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...> Abe is pushing the buttons for Don Burke, so Clive will be very
> > jealous. The way Clive was talking about and to Abe last week, when
> > Clive filled in for Stuart Bocking, It seems that Clive is in love.

Heh!!

Abe is obviously the station moll, he must be their only panel
operator and on a very cheap rate! Actually I feel sorry for him,
having to put up with crotchety old Robbo! But perhaps the more
legitimate criticism is that Robbo would rather talk to his boyfriend
Abe than the 2UE listeners. Or should that be, talk down to the 2UE
listeners?

Sammy

Mar 29, 2008, 2:19:20 AM3/29/08

LOL!! Methinks there would be more than one moll at 2UE .....

Heartland FM

Mar 29, 2008, 4:54:52 AM3/29/08
Is that Frank Fursey (2SM) speaking?

"Frank Calabrese" <fcal...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message