Where to buy Quad ESL63s in Ireland

George Orwell

Dec 29, 2003, 11:42:25 PM12/29/03
Where to buy Quad ESL63s in Ireland
aus.hi-fi

Padraig

Good golly. What are you doing on aus.hi-fi? Im here only to kick the butt of an idiot called Turner who thought he could become a swinging dick by abusing me here behind my back because he thought I wouldnt find out. Poor jerk reckoned without my many friends in Australia. Otherwise the usenet is too nasty these days for my taste, though I used to hang out on rec.audio.tubes in its glory days.

Peter Dand was in the Clonskeagh Road the last time I talked to him. I cant remember what else he carried besides Quad. Possibly Bang and Olufsen. He certainly carried a nice range of Thorens turntables. You are the first Irish audiophile I have run into who doesnt know his name.

Im in West Cork and you would certainly be welcome if you give me enough notice to clean up my study a bit and set up whatever system you want to hear. I hope you dont think Im a dealer. I write about music, so I have to have a good system, and for my hobby I design ultra-fi tube gear, which I license to manufacturers in Northern Ireland and the Far East, but I dont manufacture or sell gear.

Do you come South for the West Cork Chamber Music Festival at the end of June, early July? I usually set up an impressive system then to get the opinion of the international performers who come on my latest amp or speakers.

Andre Jute

Andre Jute wrote:

> My >consumer< reference system is all Quad. However, I do not have a
single piece of Quad gear that was bought new. I have some that was given to
me by Mr Walker to be my reference system for reviews, ex-BBC and
factory-tested. There is no evidence of rebuilding, but I wouldnt expect
any, as Quad gear is built to last and the BBC does not in my experience
abuse their gear. For the rest of my Quad stuff I traded other gear, or
bought it second hand. In particular, one of pair of my ESL-63 was bought
about a dozen years ago from the Dublin Quad dealer Peter Dand .....

Padraig ODowd <p.o...@nospam.eircom.net> replied:

Hello Andre

Im in Dublin (Sutton) and would love to see and hear your system, it sounds
amazing! Would this be possible?

And where would I find Peter Dands shop, that you mention? Ive never
heard of him, is that his business name?

Padraig