AEI alarm panel, model HA-841

Franc Zabkar

Oct 30, 2002, 4:11:21 PM10/30/02
Can anyone help me with an instruction manual for this alarm panel?
All I can find on the Web are these specifications:

http://www.aei-hongkong.com/product/system/ha841k.htm
http://www.aei-hongkong.com/product/system/ha841dk.htm
http://www.aei-hongkong.com/product/Panel/ha841.htm

Do AEI have any distributors/agents in Australia?

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Oct 30, 2002, 4:22:10 PM10/30/02
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:11:21 GMT, fza...@optussnet.com.au (Franc
Zabkar) put finger to keyboard and composed:

>Can anyone help me with an instruction manual for this alarm panel?

Please ignore my request. AEI (Hong Kong) have sent a .pdf manual to
my e-mailbox.

Marc

Oct 30, 2002, 7:01:41 PM10/30/02

FYI, Jaycar distributes AEI equipment, or at least the HA-982JR-1

Cheers,

Marc

"Franc Zabkar" <fza...@optussnet.com.au> wrote in message

Franc Zabkar

Nov 1, 2002, 2:41:30 AM11/1/02
On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:01:41 +1100, "Marc"
<marcw...@killthespam.yahoo.com> put finger to keyboard and
composed:

>FYI, Jaycar distributes AEI equipment, or at least the HA-982JR-1

Thanks, but I had already tried them without success. As it turns out,
the manual I received from AEI was for the HA-841D panel (with digital
keypad) which is slightly different to the one I have. But the worst
problem is that AEI have scraped the part numbers off all the ICs,
rendering all but one unidentifiable. Curiously, the instructions
appear to be written in very good English, and make reference to Dick
Smith and Tandy as sources for LEDs. That said, there *is* one amusing
typo:

5. Entry Delay:
This sets the entry time of the delay circuit from 0.5 secretary to 90
sec.

Franc Zabkar

Nov 4, 2002, 4:13:44 PM11/4/02
On Fri, 01 Nov 2002 07:41:30 GMT, fza...@optussnet.com.au (Franc
Zabkar) put finger to keyboard and composed:

>But the worst
>problem is that AEI have scraped the part numbers off all the ICs,
>rendering all but one unidentifiable.

For the Google archives:

IC1 = 4011 or 4093 (tested)
IC6 = 40106 (not tested, but deciphered from markings)

tanjaa...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2013, 1:21:24 PM8/4/13