Mt Wallace (photo) from GWT 2006

Bleve

Feb 22, 2006, 11:48:34 PM2/22/06

I don't know who to credit for this photo, one of my riders just sent
it to me!

Mt Wallace, (in)famous hill around Lara :

http://www.aboc.com.au/images/2006_GWT_mt_wallace.jpg

1km, I don't know the gradient, but by the looks of it, non-trivial.

gplama

Feb 23, 2006, 12:26:08 AM2/23/06

Bleve Wrote:

> 1km, I don't know the gradient, but by the looks of it, non-trivial.

awesome.. but if I were taking photos, I'd get a better angle on the
hawt chicks.. :)

--
gplama

alison_b

Feb 23, 2006, 12:26:56 AM2/23/06
It looks tough!

http://tinyurl.com/mb47k

and

http://tinyurl.com/zqdng

the surface of the road doesn't look very helpful either...

ali

--
alison_b

Bleve

Feb 23, 2006, 12:39:44 AM2/23/06

I don't publish those ones :)

Bleve

Feb 23, 2006, 12:47:29 AM2/23/06

You want to ride out there one Saturday arvo and we'll measure it up?
AFAIK it's not in C2M, so you'll get the first record up it, and I'll
get the 2nd! (for ... not very long! There's some kid on a BMX or a
giant or some other shitter who'll be quicker than I :) )

warrwych

Feb 23, 2006, 12:39:00 AM2/23/06

gplama Wrote:
> oh that is bulls*it.. they are falling OVER UP A HILL!?! Ladies, that
> is so NOT pro...

lama is just a fancy name for [mountain] goat with long neck :p (long
neck is for eating facing downhill :p )

--
warrwych

gplama

Feb 23, 2006, 12:35:41 AM2/23/06

alison_b Wrote:
> It looks tough!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mb47k
>
> and
>
> http://tinyurl.com/zqdng
>
> the surface of the road doesn't look very helpful either...
>
> ali

oh that is bulls*it.. they are falling OVER UP A HILL!?! Ladies, that
is so NOT pro...

--
gplama

Bleve

Feb 23, 2006, 1:07:39 AM2/23/06

gplama wrote:

> oh that is bulls*it.. they are falling OVER UP A HILL!?! Ladies, that
> is so NOT pro...

The bulk of the GT field is made up of local riders who are not pros,
you'll see them out racing B & C grade crits. Just FYI :) For the
record, the winner of this year's GT ITT (8km, 11:07) was doing around
43km/h for the 8km. That's a European female professional.

gplama

Feb 23, 2006, 1:29:23 AM2/23/06

Bleve Wrote:

> The bulk of the GT field is made up of local riders who are not pros,
> you'll see them out racing B & C grade crits. Just FYI :) For the
> record, the winner of this year's GT ITT (8km, 11:07) was doing around
> 43km/h for the 8km. That's a European female professional.

arh.. B and C'ers.. fair enough then... (gotta hurt the pride falling
sideways!)...

--
gplama

ProfTournesol

Feb 23, 2006, 3:37:49 AM2/23/06

alison_b Wrote:
> It looks tough!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mb47k
>
> and
>
> http://tinyurl.com/zqdng
>
> the surface of the road doesn't look very helpful either...
>
> ali

i remember doing it on an Audax ride. Did some of it on one wheel it
was so steep (I had a pannier on the bike).

--
ProfTournesol

monsterman

Feb 23, 2006, 5:21:50 AM2/23/06

PHP code:
--------------------

--------------------
PHP code:
--------------------

--------------------

no happy faces there:eek:

--
monsterman

rickster

Feb 23, 2006, 5:39:32 AM2/23/06
four words:

"hell of the west"

Humbug

Feb 23, 2006, 6:54:47 AM2/23/06
On 23/02/06 at 15:48:34 Bleve somehow managed to type:

I've ridden up it with loaded panniers and it's possibly steeper than
it looks. I was standing and working REALLY hard in a 19" gear to get
up it...

--
Humbug
BE A LOOF! (There has been a recent population explosion of lerts.)