Inventory - inventory_lock usage

Suresh Choppara

Jul 13, 2010, 3:40:49 AM7/13/10
to atg_...@googlegroups.com
Hi

We are observing frequent deadlocks on inventory table. From our observation we are seeing blocked sessions at oracle side over dcs_inventory table. Below is the statement thatz being triggered and which is causing deadlocks.

UPDATE dcs_inventory SET inventory_lock = :1 WHERE catalog_ref_id = :2

Could someone provide the pointers on how/when the inventory_lock will be used from atg codebase?
What could be the scenarios in which this column getz populated?
How/Where in ATG inventory system uses this column data? and
What are the problems that we foresee if we turn this off? ( getRowLock=false in InventoryManager )

FYI: We got the cache-mode as simple for inventory repository (dcs_inventory).

let me know if this requires further information for the pointers to be provided.

Regards,
Suresh

Naga

Jul 13, 2010, 5:57:40 AM7/13/10
to atg_...@googlegroups.com
Suresh,

The repository inventory manager does the locking when purchaseItem processor is called in the fulfillment pipeline. Please check the implementation and its corresponding method comments to get a better idea on the same.

-Naga

http://www.linkedin.com/in/nagarajanseshadri
http://sites.google.com/site/nagsesh
http://nagarajanseshadri.blogspot.com

Suresh Choppara

Jul 13, 2010, 8:33:57 AM7/13/10
to atg_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Naga,

Thanks for information. Will cross check and will post with my findings.

Regards,
Suresh