Archivematica 0.7-alpha now available

Peter Van Garderen

Feb 21, 2011, 11:35:55 AM2/21/11
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
We're happy to announce that the 0.7-alpha release of the free and open-source
Archivematica digital preservation software is now available.

http://archivematica.org/download

Archivematica implements a micro-service design to process digital objects from
ingest to access in accordance with the ISO-OAIS functional model, including the
implementation of media-type preservation plans.

http://archivematica.org/overview

We are working directly with a number of early implementers to pilot test this
release and work towards a comprehensive 0.8-beta release by the end of the year.

http://archivematica.org/roadmap.

We encourage active community collaboration and appreciate all feature
enhancement requests, bug reports, design recommendation, etc. from anyone that
has taken the time to take the application for a spin.

http://archivematica.org/#Free_and_open_source

Even though the 0.7 release is still in alpha development it is a major
milestone release for Archivematica and introduces some major upgrades, namely a
highly scalable client/server architecture, configurable workflow and a
web-based Dashboard used to monitor and control the digital curation micro-services.

http://archivematica.org/releasenotes

We've posted a screencast to demonstrate the new functionality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py-LtfxWQhY#t=2m14s

Please forward this announcement to your friends and colleagues who may be
interested to hear about the project.

Cheers,

--peter

Peter Van Garderen, Archivematica Project Manager.
President/Systems Archivist, Artefactual Systems.