How to get AppTrap totally off my MacBook Pro

Seth Williamson

Aug 5, 2010, 4:19:46 PM8/5/10
to AppTrap
I have a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard 10.6.4.

I tried AppTrap for a while, then uninstalled it.

There's SOMETHING left, however, because whenever I upgrade an
existing program, I get an AppTrap message saying do I want to nuke
the files in question, because it might be an upgrade instead.

Can somebody tell me how to remove all traces of AppTrap from my
laptop? Thanks a lot.

Seth Williamson

Kumaran Vijayan

Aug 5, 2010, 4:27:19 PM8/5/10
to app...@googlegroups.com

You'll need to kill the background process. Go into Activity Monitor and do a search for AppTrap and stop that process.

--
Kumaran Vijayan

Seth Williamson

Aug 5, 2010, 4:35:45 PM8/5/10
to AppTrap
I did that the first time you suggested it. Activity monitor shows no
process by the name of AppTrap, Or anything similar.

Besides, I don't want to stop the process so much as I want to get
whatever piece of the program that's left totally off my system. It's
really proving to be a problem.

Seth Williamson

Scrizza Man

Aug 6, 2010, 7:37:41 AM8/6/10
to app...@googlegroups.com
I belive that after stopping the process and deleting the AppTrap.prefPane you have all the program removed.