Strange issue with nsopenssl

Sep Ng

Apr 30, 2012, 11:16:24 PM4/30/12
to aols...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been looking at one aolserver install which seems to be crashing when I run with SSL certificates.  The weird thing is that if I run it as root, the startup goes fine, which leads me to believe it is possibly a permission issue.  The crash happens right when nsd attempts to generate 512-bit keys.  Has this happened to anybody before?

Thanks!

Sep Ng

May 1, 2012, 4:59:53 PM5/1/12
to aols...@googlegroups.com
I'll just go ahead and post the solution to this problem.  Apparently there's a library conflict between my Oracle install and OpenSSL.  I solved it by setting LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8 before running aolserver.