[AOLSERVER] AOLServer 4.5.1 and PHP 5.3.3 as a module

Nick Miller

Nov 9, 2010, 9:29:55 PM11/9/10
to AOLS...@listserv.aol.com
Hi all,

Has anyone tried compiling PHP 5.3.* as an AOLServer module and had any success? I have been experimenting this evening and I can get PHP to configure and make and even make install (it actually puts the libphp5.so in the right place) but when I start AOLServer I get the following:

Warning: modload: could not find Ns_ModuleInit in /data/dev/cosmos-engine_office_aol_com/bin/libphp5.so
Fatal: modload: failed to load module 'libphp5.so'

This makes me think that although PHP thinks it is compiling the SAPI module for AOLServer it actually doesn't end up doing that at all.

Here is my PHP configure command:

./configure --with-aolserver=/usr/local/aolserver --enable-shared --with-aolserver-src=/usr/local/aolserver-4.5.1 --disable-cli

Looking at the output from configure I see this:

Configuring SAPI modules
checking for AOLserver support... /usr/local/aolserver
checking for Apache 1.x module support via DSO through APXS... no
checking for Apache 1.x module support... no
checking whether to enable Apache charset compatibility option... no
checking for Apache 2.0 filter-module support via DSO through APXS... no
checking for Apache 2.0 handler-module support via DSO through APXS... no
checking for Apache 1.x (hooks) module support via DSO through APXS... no
checking for Apache 1.x (hooks) module support... no
checking whether to enable Apache charset compatibility option... no
checking for Caudium support... no
checking for CLI build... no
checking for Continuity support... no
checking for embedded SAPI library support... no
checking for FPM build... no
checking for Zeus ISAPI support... no
checking for LiteSpeed support... no
checking for Milter support... no
checking for NSAPI support... no
checking for PHTTPD support... no
checking for Pi3Web support... no
checking whether Roxen module is build using ZTS... no
checking for Roxen/Pike support...
checking for thttpd... no
checking for TUX... no
checking for webjames... no
checking for chosen SAPI module... aolserver

It does also complain at the end of configure with:

----
Notice: Following unknown configure options were used:

--with-aolserver-src=/data/dev/cosmos-engine_office_aol_com/src/aolserver-4.5.1
----

Make install gives me the following:

Installing PHP SAPI module:       aolserver
Installing build environment:     /usr/local/lib/php/build/
Installing header files:          /usr/local/include/php/
Installing helper programs:       /usr/local/bin/
  program: phpize
  program: php-config
Installing man pages:             /usr/local/man/man1/
  page: phpize.1
  page: php-config.1
Installing PDO headers:          /usr/local/include/php/ext/pdo/

I am trying to do this to run some legacy php scripts that I still need without having to create separate apache / reverse proxy setup.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nick

-- AOLserver - http://www.aolserver.com/