What does invalid database_id mean?

Sep Ng

Apr 30, 2012, 1:28:55 AM4/30/12
to aols...@googlegroups.com
Every once in a while on my aolserver logs, I find this error and I'm not sure what it means.  Typically, I see it when performing a database operation and then aolserver drops into an error like:
invalid database_id: nsdb0

Is this related to another log entry: max connections exceeded?  Is the database handle not valid?

Hoping someone can shed some light on the nature of this error.

Thanks!

Jeff Rogers

May 4, 2012, 12:58:40 PM5/4/12
to Sep Ng, aols...@googlegroups.com, aolserv...@lists.sourceforge.net
Sep Ng wrote:
> Every once in a while on my aolserver logs, I find this error and I'm
> not sure what it means. Typically, I see it when performing a database
> operation and then aolserver drops into an error like:
> invalid database_id: nsdb0

This means that there is no handle associated with the key "nsdb0". I'd
guess this is because something called [ns_db releasehandle] when you
weren't expecting it, but it's also possible that the handle was passed
to a different interpreter (e.g., through a nsv) rather than acquired
with [ns_db gethandle], which won't work.

> Is this related to another log entry: max connections exceeded? Is the
> database handle not valid?

It's unrelated. "max connections exceeded" happens when a conn thread
has served as many requests as it is configured to do and exits.

-J

> Hoping someone can shed some light on the nature of this error.
>
> Thanks!

> Live Security Virtual Conference

Sep Ng

May 4, 2012, 8:11:29 PM5/4/12
to aols...@googlegroups.com, aolserv...@lists.sourceforge.net
Thank you for your explanation Jeff.  I will continue to look for where the handle was released.  It must have happened on the same thread, yes?  The same thread that handled the request, yes?