[AOLSERVER] Question re ns_register_filter trace

Thorpe Mayes

Jun 4, 2012, 12:05:47 PM6/4/12
to aolserv...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

I have a simple (minded) question re ns_register_filter:

How do I disable this?

Remove the file and restart the server?

Here is my code:

proc active_user_filter {why} {
return filter_ok
}

if {![info exists active_user_filter_p]} {
set x [ns_register_filter trace GET * active_user_filter]
nsv_set . active_user_filter_p 1
}

Thanks,

Thorpe

Thorpe Mayes
tma...@ecognizant.com
405.514.9753

Jeff Rogers

Jun 5, 2012, 1:02:51 PM6/5/12
to Thorpe Mayes, aolserv...@lists.sourceforge.net
Yes, there is no way to remove a filter other than by restarting the
server. The best you can do without restarting is to redefine the
filter proc to be a no-op.

-J

Thorpe Mayes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a simple (minded) question re ns_register_filter:
>
> How do I disable this?
>
> Remove the file and restart the server?
>
> Here is my code:
>
> proc active_user_filter {why} {
> return filter_ok
> }
>
> if {![info exists active_user_filter_p]} {
> set x [ns_register_filter trace GET * active_user_filter]
> nsv_set . active_user_filter_p 1
> }

Thorpe Mayes

Jun 5, 2012, 10:26:08 PM6/5/12
to Jeff Rogers, aolserv...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.

That is what I assumed, but needed some confirmation.

Really appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Thorpe
Thorpe Mayes